Asus Rampage II Gene - Revision 1 - BIOS version 1701

SubStandard

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here we go:

First, I've noticed something strange:

Before I changed things to run IOReg Explorer again, I ran it as a test to see if I could save a file. At this point, only P and CStates were set (no Drop) as initially. Remember that ioreg had only two entries? At this this, I got all entries.

So we have:

1) IOREG.zip file with only P and CStates as initially.

2) IOREG_With_Drop_P_CState.zip

3) IOREG_Without_Drop_P_CStates.zip

Ps: I wasn't able to attach. They are all larger than 2 Mb. What can I do?

Cheers!

Looking at your ACPI dump from Linux, I see you have an RSDT table where as I have an XSDT table.

Have you ACPI 2.0 support disabled in your BIOS? if so, you will want to enable it. See pic:

[attachment=0]ACPI_2_Support.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks! Now, enabled!

1) IOREG.zip file with only P and CStates as initially.

2) IOREG_With_Drop_P_CState.zip

3) IOREG_Without_Drop_P_CStates.zip

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... 74C25C!135

Cheers! ;)

Thanks for posting your ioreg dumps, however I can't open them! And it's not you as I can't open my own ones that I've made with the v3 of IORegistryExplorer that I posted for you.. It's either a damaged version of it's just really buggy!

So I was going to ask you to do it again, but maybe there's no need right now.... because.....looking at the differences in your Linux ACPI dumps compared to mine:

- Your dumps are missing SSDT_PmRef_P001Cst.dsl which are the native C-States. Did you find out more about why your C-State options are missing from your BIOS?

So for now, the way I see it is this....

As you've already had success using the auto-generated P/C state boot options on Chameleon, then maybe stick to using this for now as you've already said this gives you the best temps (comparable to Windows). If you can find out more about the missing C-states from your BIOS, then we can maybe revisit this in the future..

Or, in the mean time - maybe somebody else might spot something obvious here which I've missed?

If though, one day you decide to save your ioreg again then please use the older v2.0 (2.0b1) of IORegistryExplorer that I've attached here and not the one I posted previously.

IORegistryExplorer2.zip

...Did you find out more about why your C-State options are missing from your BIOS?

No. They've not answered my e-mail yet. :/

...maybe somebody else might spot something obvious here which I've missed?

Maybe Conti might help us...

If though, one day you decide to save your ioreg again then please use the older v2.0 (2.0b1) of IORegistryExplorer that I've attached here and not the one I posted previously.

v2[/b].zip file with only P and CStates as initially.

2) IOREG_With_Drop_P_CStatev2.zip

3) IOREG_Without_Drop_P_CStatesv2.zip

Thanks so much, Nick! ;)

Cheers!

I don't know how you all have done it but I am not able to make my Asus Rampage II Gene, bios 1701 system sleep properly in either Lion 10.7.4 or Mountain Lion 10.8.0. I 've used dgsga's dsdt.aml, compiled blackosx's dsl from DSDT_ASUS_Rampage_II_Gene.dsl.zip, compiled my own linux-extracted bios1701-based dsl using blackosx's instructions but without success. I also tried with patched AppleRTC and/or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts. The only thing that sleeps is the display, the network and the fans continue to work.

I am using latest Chameleon with the latest kozlek's hwsensors (fakesmc), AD2000b.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, and JMicron36xeSATA.kext in /Extra/Extensions/ .

Can anyone share his/her Extra folder (dsdt.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, kexts, etc) ?