[HELP] - Problem with Lion on Asus P5E

DaMMaN

Hi All,

I’m here to have some help to configure my “Macâ€... :)

I entered in this world with a pre-patched distro of Snow Leopard, but now I’d like to install e Retail version of OSX...but I have some problems...

My PC Configuration is:

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9450 2.66GHz

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5E x38 ICH9 (BIOS Rampage Formula 1011)

RAM: Teamgroup 4GB 1066MHz DDR2

VIDEO: Club 3D Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

AUDIO: Asus Supreme FX II 5.1 (AD1988b)

HARD DISK: Seagate 250GB for Windows + Seagate 250GB for OSX

I used the new guide of MyHack 3.0 to install Lion.

The guide says that: “In the last two minutes or so of the OS X installation a series of growl-like notifications and dialogs will prompt you. This is myHack running it’s post installation functions.†My installation of Lion, instead, finish correctly but without notifications.

I tried to boot from OSX disk but it stop in the black screen with blinking cursor. So I boot again from MyHack Pendrive and I have installed the Extra and the Chameleon manually, but when I reboot from OSX disk I have this error:

boot0: GTP

boot0: test

boot0: GTP

boot0: error

I tried many times, but nothing. How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad English,

Damiano.

There is now a single known bug with myHack 3 - it seems that the post installation doesn't run correctly on myHack OS X Install Disks that were created under Snow Leopard.

So the temporary resolution is to:

-Boot to the myHack OS X Install Disk

-Go to the utilities menu and run myHack

-Choose the Install Chameleon option, target your internal disk.

-Exit myHack when the process is complete.

-Run myHack from the utilities menu again

-Choose the Install Extra option, target your internal disk.

-Exit myHack when the process is complete.

-Reboot to the internal disk.

This should resolve your issue. I will be installing Snow Leopard again soon to see if I can reproduce this bug myself and to see if I can find a way to resolve it.

Thanks for you fast reply... :)

I have to apply this procedure before or after I install Lion?

Because i have already tried to install Lion, reboot from MyHack Pendrive, install Extra (Generic One and mine), install Chameleon and reboot...but i have that error...

After, strange that it didn't work - try to install myhack utilities, then load the Lion OS, open a terminal, and run

myfix -t / -i 

That will install Chameleon from myfix - copy and paste the output here if there is any problem.

I have tried to reinstall the chameleon from the MyHack pendrive using:

myfix -t / -i

but i always have the same error that you can see in the attacched image:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14650465/IMG_0640.JPG

Then i have tried to reboot from the OSX internal disk with the command:

UseKernelCache=No -v -f

but the boot stop on this screen:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14650465/IMG_0643.JPG

Do you know what is the problem?

The first error screen you posted can be resolved by running sudo chmod 0755 /usr/sbin/* but since it's an OS X installer it will be mounted read only so you would have to boot into single user mode and mount the drive read+write to do so.

The second error screen is because you are using an outdated version of SleepEnabler.kext for your system version - remove SleepEnabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions/ (or anywhere else it may be, which it shouldn't be) and run myfix.

Easiest thing would be to simply remove the SleepEnabler.kext, run myfix to rebuild system caches, then boot the internal disk as previously described - then install chameleon from there.