rekabis

rekabis

Heh… so eager to start asking questions, that I didn’t quite manage to RTFM… So here we go:

-Where you are from/where you live.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

First time that I intend to be SUCCESSFUL at it… several previous attempts, but all on hardware where I had little to no chance of being successful anyhow…

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

Several attempts, including a Toshiba M300 laptop. Managed to get it to boot, but that was about it. Graphics were horrible, networking nonexistent, and I simply didn’t have the time to correct the problems.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

The inability to afford genuine Apple hardware. Seriously. That was my only barrier to actually having Apple hardware. The hackintosh aspect itself, comes from a desire to see if I can actually do it. I have a deep curiosity of all things computer/Internet related.

-Your general computer skill level.

Relatively advanced. Using computers since 1982 (Commodore Vic-20), on the Internet since 1989, on the Web (yes, there is a difference) since 1991, and actually in the IT industry since 1998. About the only things I haven’t done with computers is 3D animation and creating applications for the desktop in C/C++.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

OS agnostic. Completely. Windows, Linux, BSD, MacOS. I even dabble in Haiku. PHP, Python, C#, Java, ECMAScript, and about a half-dozen others.

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

Not at this time (I have very little time even for myself, but this may change in the future).