Ironworker

Ironworker

-Where you are from/where you live.

I was born and reared in rural Ohio, in the United States, though lately, I live mostly in rural Maine.

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

I'm new to hackint0shing. Currently in research mode. I’m the kind of person that usually gathers information before jumping in. I want to get OS X 10.8 installed on unsupported Apple hardware then I want to put an OS X version on a netbook.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

Currently trying to get 10.8 installed on an old MacBook Pro - so far no joy.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

I've always had an interest in hackint0shing, but the impetus now is Apple's lack of support for pre-2007 machines.

-Your general computer skill level.

I'm patient and persistent. I have hardware and software repair experience, mostly Apple Macs, but some PC hardware repairs. I beta test for two separate Mac developers and give free technical support to a non-profit organization for their (WINEd) Mac software. Two years technical advisor / support for an all-Mac 24/7/365 online ‘radio station’.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

I have used everything Apple Mac from System 6 up to Mac OS X 10.7.4. I have very little skill or experience in anything other than the Mac OSes. Just enough Windows experience to squeak by and zero Linux.

Programming: Some limited experience in Applescript and shell script. Some little web code. Built a couple little apps using Platypus. Currently fighting my way through a beginners’ python book.

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

Would gladly help anyone that has a need of my skills / experience.

Cordially, Ironworker (Daniel)