Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L - Revision 1 - BIOS version F9

Romano2K

Hi there!

I took the opportunity of the Mountain Lion Gold Master release to reinstall my hackintosh from scratch, using myHack 3.1.2. So far so good, as I explained in the List your Desktop Build topic.

But I'd love to get rid of as much kexts as I could, and get CPU management working, with a proper DSDT file.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L - Revision 1.0 (the only one ever sold) - BIOS version F9 (the last stable version, published at the end of year 2008 so it's pretty clear that there won't be another update)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (dual-core 3.00GHz)

GPU: Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GD (AMD Radeon HD 4850) - It was working with PCIRoot=1 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist so I assume that's the good PCI root, right?

Ethernet: Realtek RTL8111C

Audio: Realtek ALC662 (but I don't really care, unless it's easy to fix with DSDT, because I'm using an external FireWire soundcard)

So far I just extracted my IOReg using JaS' method and my DSDT with DSDTSE, right after I had restored a brand new myHack installation (disabled GraphicsEnabler and removed any kext). They're attached to this post.

And now quite don't know where to start. I'm not asking for someone to fix everything for me, I'd like to understand how it works and I'm rather asking for hints or small explanations.

Anyway thank you for the great work on myHack and the community.

Romano2K.IOReg.txt

Romano2K.DSDT.dsl.zip

Here is a edited and patch dsdt. Please run IOreg that is in the folder and then post that file.

Files.zip

If you can not boot with the DSDT boot with the following boot flag:

DSDT=No

Note this is case sensitive

What audio solution are you using because I added HDEF to the dsdt and this will conflict with any voodoo kext.

I've been busy then on vacation until last sunday, sorry for the delay! :-)

Here is a edited and patch dsdt.

If you can not boot with the DSDT boot with the following boot flag:

DSDT=No

Note this is case sensitive

Thank you very much for working on this!

But I haven't tried to boot with it yet, because I'd like to understand what it does first.

What is it supposed to fix?

From a quick look using the compare tool of DSDTSE (which isn't really good at this), you added _WAK and HDEF sections. What's the use of the _WAK one? Where did you get the HDEF one?

Also, I read somewhere that it was possible to enable native support of the GPU (without adding a device ID to a KEXT) and the LAN controller (without using a boot flag) via DSDT. What are the pros and cons of those solutions?

What audio solution are you using because I added HDEF to the dsdt and this will conflict with any voodoo kext.

For now I'm using a M-Audio FireWire Audiophile external sound interface which requires it's own drivers, so the integrated sound chipset is disabled in the BIOS.

But when I'll buy an Ivy Bridge/last generation graphics PC in a few months, I'll give this computer to my parents and keep my soundcard, so it'd be cool if the Realtek ALC662 chipset worked natively. I don't know how difficult or not it is.

Please run IOreg that is in the folder and then post that file.

Is there something wrong with the one I attached first? Anyway here is another one attached.

Romano2K.IOReg.from.Beta's.IORegistryExplorer.ioreg.zip

Thank you once more Beta. This time I took time to download the DSDT.aml you edited for my motherboard and boot Mountain Lion with it. I can boot on the desktop but I get a kernel panic after a short time. Booting in single mode reveals that it's related to CPU management (see the photo attached). I also attached the DSDT.aml that I was using until now and that works without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, for reference.

Will you have a bit of time someday to make me understand how you fix DSDTs? To answer the questions in my previous post?

Or someone else?

post-374-13826558025381_thumb.jpg