Fresh Snow Leo install 10.6.3

ptesone

So I just bought a retail Snow Leopard DVD from Amazon.com (free shipping) for $29.00 and re-installed my AMD hackintosh system and it is screaming fast- I mean it flat out get's it on, and after a failed update to 10.6.7 (kp'd) and a re-re-install I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble. i don't use App store, and I don't think I really benefit from the updates anyway. . .

thoughts? opinions?? :rolleyes:

• Administrators

i was about tot say the same.. if it aint broken, dont fix it :) .. i do wonder, wouldent it be posebil to re-use the core .. i guess that gets over-written when you update..

you dont happend to have a screenshot of the KP ?

i was about tot say the same.. if it aint broken, dont fix it :) .. i do wonder, wouldent it be posebil to re-use the core .. i guess that gets over-written when you update..

you dont happend to have a screenshot of the KP ?

@Leon I sure don't, I was very tired at the time and kind of po'd, but thanx for asking! :)

. . .the good news is I tried the update again (just like in my video) and boom it went perfectly without a hitch.

@Bronxteck I get all my legacy kernels from nawcom: nawcom's awesome repository

an invaluable resource for any AMD setups. . .

EDIT: the reason I opt to update was cos Angry Birds won't play on anything less than 10.6.6. And after the update my machine is still flying! I think it was I had done a .mpkg install before maybe. . .