Solved! GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 mobo cannot uprgade

mdg1618

Hello All,

About a year ago I made my Hackintosh from a GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 1.0 mobo and had no problems with it until the 10.6.7 updated. I tried many solutions, but since I am not that proficient in computers, I went back to my old OS.

I have heard that other people have got their GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 1.0 mobo not only updated, but have also upgrade to 10.8. This inspired me to try once more my luck to install the latest that Apple has to offer on my system.

If anybody can give me assistance as to how I can use MyHack to upgrade my SL 10.6.6, I would be very greatful.

Happy hacking to all

mdg1618

Hello Toltuga,

Thank you for your reply. I did follow the instructions provided in the guide, but I am still not able to install 10.6.8 over my 10.6.6 Snow Leopard. I really would like to install Mountain Lion on my system and would be thankful for any advice.

Happy hacking to All,

mdg1618

Hello Beta,

I tired Rampagedev's installation method and could not get pass step 16. I wrote him/her in the hopes that he/she could help me out to finally get my system up and running.

Happy hacking to All,

mdg1618

Hello Beta,

Thank you for your reply and your support. Every time I boot back into my system with the myhack USB installer I am brought back to the welcome menu where I first started. All I can do is to format my drive again and now I am getting the boot0 error message when I boot my system without the myhack USB installer. Even when I use "

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/sda2 bs=4096" within the GParted partition editor on the Ubuntu liveCD, afterwards the running wheel displayed on the start screen show activity, but it just runs constantly without ever stopping. I tried to start in safe mode (-x) but that did not work and then I tried to start it using -f, which also did not work. I tried it in verbose mode also and ... sorry forgot what stood there :-(

Anyway, I did a fresh install of my system again for the 10th time this week and I am now back on SL 10.6.6. I have some projects to work on and need my computer to get them done. I hope to have Mountain Lion installed on my system soon.

Once again thank you for your guidance in this matter. By the way you got a killer Hackintosh!

Regards,

mdg1618

Hello All,

I got a little further and now I get the bootscreen with the activity indicator run, but I can not get into Mountain Lion (even in safe mode). When I use the verbose flag, I get this message "ACPI-SMC-Platform Plugin:Start-Waitforservice(resource Matching(AppleIntelcpu Power Mangement) Time out".

Can anybody help me out as to what I can do to solve this problem? Any advice wold be great.

Happy hacking

mdg1618

Steps taking to solve my upgrade problem:

1. Installed myHack

2. Made a 10.6 installer USB through myHack

3. Installed 10.6.7 (Maybe not needed, but I installed 10.6.2 first got my sound and Internet connection to work then installed 10.6.6 and finally installed 10.6.7)

4. I then went to /System/Library/Extensions (S/L/E) and copied all the 10.6.7 ATI kexts and placed them in a folder on my desktop

5. I upgraded to 10.6.8 and did not reset after upgrade was finished

6. I went back to /System/Library/Extensions (S/L/E) and deleted all the 10.6.8 ATI kext

7. I then copied all my 10.6.7 ATI kext from the folder on my desktop and placed them in to /System/Library/Extensions (S/L/E)

8. I placed my myHack USB 10.6 installer back in my computer’s USB slot and restarted my computer

9. During the boot screen I pressed F12 (Gigabyte Motherboard) to select my USB for the boot device

10. Once in myHack I installed “My own Extras†(you can choose “Use Generic One†if you do not have your own), then I ran “Run myFixâ€, “Install Chameleonâ€, “Install myHack Utilities†and then “Remove Problematic Extensionsâ€

11. I restarted my system and finally had 10.6.8 working on my system.

Happy Hacking to all,

mdg1618