Solved! --completed system freeze

mdg1618

Hello All

I have ahd some problems with my system (see specs. below) one of which was the boot0 error that I resolved, but now I jumped from one problem to the other. Now when I start my pc in verbose mode I get "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] --completed" then my system just freezes.

I tried with "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" but this did not help. After I tried the suggeted solutions and try to start in verbose mode I get "ACPI SMC PlatformPlugin::start-waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out".

I have placed my Snow Leopard AppleACPIPlatform.kext in Extra/Extensions folder of the myhack installer drive, but this did not help any. Should I also place my DSDT.aml in the extra folder of my myhack installer? Any advice would be of great help.

My system specs. are:

mobo: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 BIOS F6

CPU: i7-920 2.66GHz LGA 1366

GPU: XFX ATI Readon HD 5770

RAM: 6GB (use only 4GB for installation)

Audio: Realtek ALC889

Ethernet: Realtek 8111D

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly apprieciated.

Regards,

mdg1618

Hello All,

I think that my problem is the result of me not being able to install any Snow Leopard update higher than 10.6.6. I am also using another method to install 10.6.6 on my system, because I can not install the 10.6.8 update through MyHack until now.

I have tried to run "kextstat |grep -v com.apple" on my system at first to find the required kexts that should be in my "Extra/Extensions" folder at first. After that I moved any missing kexts from "/System/Library/Extensions" to the "Extra/Extensions" folder and then ran kext utility.

I do not think that I can run Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard 10.6.6, but I can not currently install 10.6.8 on my system. I am also having trouble getting my audio (Realtek ALC889) to work. I have tried with removing the "AppleHDA.kext" and replacing it with "RealtekR1000SL.kext" but this did not work for me.

Any assistance in this and all my problems addressing this matter would is greatly needed

Happy Hacking to all

mdg1618

First of all use myfix - do not use kextutility. Ever. Only myfix supports running all extensions from /E/E.

Second, RealtekR100SL.kext is an ethernet extension, it has nothing to do with audio.

Third, your problems are likely do to an unclean install in general. Might I suggest a fresh install using only myhack. I am attaching my /Extra/ from my i7 920 - GA-X58A-UD3R rev1 - I believe it was F6 bios. I had 6GB (3x 2GB) in the system but you should not use the DSDT as it is, you should extract your own from a clean install with only the 'Generic Extra' loaded and then generate a diff between your DSDT.dsl and the one in my package. The memory section should be left as your own, you can use my CPU and HDEF sections as well as other fixes I've included. You should also not use my GFX0/1 section, I didn't double check but at various points in time I had my HD6870 or 9800GTX+ or both injected via the dsdt.

The smbios.plist and /Extra/Extensions/ in my package are all you should need to be using on your system. Well that and GraphicsEnabler=Yes - which may not be in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Sorry for the delay getting this to you, I just got my new workstation up and running yesterday.

Extra.zip

Hello Conti,

Thank you for your reply and sorry about that "RealtekR1000SL.kext" comment, I meant to say "Binary AppleHDA.kext". I have been trying out so many different kext possibilities and combinations in the last couple of days that I am sadly having trouble separating them.

I am glad that you got your work station back up :-) I wanted to enter the IRC, but I only have one computer and I was constantly trying different ways to solve my update problems.

I only have some basic knowledge of computers and have took this time to try to increase my understanding of just how a Hackintosh works. Although, I have spent over a week on this and I believe that I have gained some valuable insight towards certain subjects pertaining to computers in general.

I will make a fresh start and will only use the utilities within MyHack. I thank you for your attachment and I hope to be able to address future issues within the IRC.

Best of all wishes to all and

Happy Hacking

mdg1618

Hello Conti,

Thank you for your attachment and the information.

I did a clean install with only the "Generic Extra" loaded, but I cannot generate a diff (diff -rq file1 file2) between your DSDT.aml and my extracted DSDT.dsl from my system, because file formats are different. I tried ending the suffix of the files, but this did not work.

If I delete the GFX0/1 section of your DSDT.amd after generating a diff, would I then have to run DSDT.SE to get my Graphics card injected into the my DSDT.dsl

If I get a diff generated, what should I do afterwards? Should I inject the generated difference into my DSDT.dsl and then compile it?

Sorry, for being so inexperienced. Sometimes I feel a little embarrassed to ask questions, because I think that my knowledge pertaining to Hackintosh-ing is far behind the majority of the Hackintoshers. But we all have to start from somewhere :(

Thank you all for your understanding and guidance in this matter.

As always

Happy Hacking

mdg1618

Use iasl to convert my .aml to a .dsl file ;)

But, send me YOUR cleanly extracted dsdt.dsl (attach to your next post) and I'll take a look and do the diff myself, just to make sure it's done right but I still suggest you go through it to see what I've done and to get over the initial intimidation some people have of a dsdt - once you get your feet wet you'll find it's really not that challenging to deal with.

Hello Conti,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have attached my DSDT.dsl file to this reply as requested.

I think that MyHack is the best Hackintosh application to date. I have tried numerous other applications in the hopes of making a Hackintosh, all of which have failed me miserably. It is for this reason that I will continue to support MyHack in any form necessary.

I wish you and yours all the best and as always

Happy Hacking to All

mdg1618

dsdt.zip

I reviewed the diff generated and I don't see any potential conflicts actually - extract that Extra directory I supplied you with somewhere and then use the "Install Extra" option in myhack to install it to your OS X installation - Including my DSDT.aml - it should work fine ;)

Hello Conti,

Thank you for your advice and assistance thus far. I installed the Extra you sent to me via MyHack. All kexts, plist and DSDT.aml were installed successfully and can be found in /E/E. But, when I rebooted in verbose mode I got this message:

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleGDA (error 0xdc008016)

DSMOS has arrived

I rebooted and typed "-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes". My system then froze at:

Waiting for DSMOS...

SystemShutdown false

Previous Shutdown Cause:3

DSMOS has arrived

I rebooted and this time typed "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" and was able to start my system, but I have no Internet connection, or sound still. My resolution is also set to 800x600 (I have a 1680x1050 monitor).

Any help in this matter would be greatly needed.

Happy Hacking to All

mdg1618

Honestly with as screwed up as everything is to begin with I would suggest you might want to try this on a clean install on a separate partition - using only myHack and the Extra I gave you.

That Extra on your board should work flawlessly.