myHack & Chameleon

claudioacc

I'm pretty sure that this is not possible, but I want to check it, is there any possibilty to use myHack without automatically installing chameleon?

BTW, where or how is chameleon installed, is on the hard drive or in the selected partition?

Thanks!

Chameleon is installed to the boot sector, partition header, and filesystem of the disk/partition you target to install OS X on. I could make it optional if anyone else feels this would be a good option to have.

I think that it would be really useful to make it optional (at least for me :)), in my case I have a hardrive with GRUB installed and I want to use one partition to install Lion and boot with the USB or experiment with chainloading with grub, BTW, do you know if its possible to chainload GRUB to Chamaleon? Or Chameleon needs to be installed in the boot sector?

Sorry If I'm asking basic stuff :)

Thanks for the quick response!

Hello @Beta, thanks for answering!

The installation asks for installing Chameleon? I thought that it was automatic, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Restarting at that point that you mention won't create another problem? All the vanilla stuff is done before that point? I think that I will try that option!

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that this is not possible, but I want to check it, is there any possibilty to use myHack without automatically installing chameleon?

BTW, where or how is chameleon installed, is on the hard drive or in the selected partition?

Thanks!

When the installer asks you for the extra folder the installation is complete. I restart then boot into the install using the myHack installer drive then install the extra folder and kext that I want to install. I have had issues with myFix breaking the install in the past. Works fine post install... but the latest version I have had no issues.

The boot loader is installed a the root of the drive and it is a hidden file called Boot.