Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

ryanrhee90

I'm having a hard time following the guide. Specifically, at this step:

2. Open your saved IOreg file and locate the address location of your AMD/ATI graphic card and copy the entire Device associated with that address. This will look like (Device) POP1 or (Device) NPE3 for example.

I opened the txt file in vim, and searched around for "(Device)", "POP" and "NPE" but couldn't find anything like that. I see the section "display@0", and "ATY,Zonalis@0" - "ATY,Zonalis@5", but I don't see any

I followed JaS's guide, found at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10 to get the ioreg attached in the previous post.

I've also used your post http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2012/07 ... use-ioreg/ and save the IOReg file is attached.

Thanks for all your help!

-R

IOReg.zip

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

I changed a few things:

• [*:1ymipzbp]Buffer length of personality name string
    [*:1ymipzbp]Number of ports
    [*:1ymipzbp]Package length of the Store section in Device (GFX0)

Buffer length of personality name string

The name "ATY,Zonalis" has 11 chars, which is 12 including the null delimiter. In comparison, "ATY,Duckweed" has 13 including the null delimiter. The duckweed string would have needed 0x0D as its buffer, but the zonalis string only needs 0x0C, so I've changed that.

BEFORE:

"@1,name", 
Buffer (0x0C)

AFTER:

"@1,name", 
Buffer (0x0D)

Number of ports

The eyefinity-6 has 6 ports, not 4. I had to add the following declarations after "@3,name", section

"@4,name", 
Buffer (0x0C)
{
   "ATY,Zonalis"
},

"@5,name", 
Buffer (0x0C)
{
   "ATY,Zonalis"
},

Package length of the Store section in Device (GFX0)

Since I've added to the initializer list, I needed to increase the package size. (I don't really know the iasl language, but I think that's what the compiler was trying to tell me.)

BEFORE:

Device (GFX0)
{
   Name (_ADR, Zero)
   Name (_SUN, One)
   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
   {
       Store (Package (0x0C)

AFTER:

Device (GFX0)
{
   Name (_ADR, Zero)
   Name (_SUN, One)
   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
   {
       Store (Package (0x10)

Side note

I got the audio working using some kexts from DigialDreamer (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=185097), and using Conti's myFix to create the kextcache (and therefore not installing anything in /S/L/E). Perhaps I can find a way to incorporate d00d's DSDT modifications (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 96771&st=0) and ditch the audio kexts later.

Thanks again for all your help! 10.7 boots w/out the need for GE=Yes. I'm about to try 10.8, and will report back w/ results.

In ML, I still only see 2 displays. :(

However, I don't think the statement about 3 outputs is true, as I tested outputting to 4 monitors. I could test 6 monitors, if I had enough cables :(

In any case, 10.8 is still unable to show a 3rd display... It detects all 3 displays in the display prefs as well as system info, but the 3rd screen is blank. IORegistryExplorer shows that ATY,Zonalis is the personality being used.