Carl3

Carl3

Hello,

My name is Carl, and I am from Atlanta, GA but currently live in Shreveport, LA.

I am new to the whole hackintosh community; this is my first attempt.

I have no previous experience trying to install OS X on a PC.

I have been using an Intel MacBook Pro 15" since 2006 and it's on its way out. I have built myself a PC that's gaming capable but also uses compatible hardware (from what research I preformed) so I don't have to lose my very large Aperture 3 database that I've sunk a lot of time into. Also, I generally like the Mac OS, but also I would to do more PC gaming. Those are my main reasons for building a hackintosh.

As for my general computer skill level, I have been using PC's since MS DOS when I was 4 years old. I played Doom and all the Doom copies (Heretic, Hexen, etc). Outside of gerneral use and day-to-day troubleshooting, I don't have any specific knowledge in this arena. I am a Chemical Eningeer and understand the very basic theory behind programming, but I only know how to program in MatLab (a program that's very helpful in my field). I have no explicit technical knowledge in any of the computer languages necessary for doing this kind of computer customization.

As for my general technical skills, I am a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology and can answer anyone's unrelated questions in chemistry, physics, and some higher mathematics (but not too much!). Other than that, I have nothing valuable to offer to the hackintosh community, unfortunately.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Carl3