myHack Install 1st boot issue

Jgtomhu

Hello guys,

I am a beginner at Hackintosh. So far I have tried several software such as myHack, unifail and crackwalk. So far myHack has pushed me furthest. I have got to the installing page and finished the installation of Mountain Lion (10.8) on my Alienware. However when the installer self reboot for the 1st boot, I couldn't boot WITHOUT the usb. With the USB, I will be returned to the installer again for fresh install. My pc's spec is below, please help! Thank you very much! :)

Alienware X51 BTO:

Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz (6MB Cache)

6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz (2 DIMMS)

1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545

1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

On first boot you have to use your USB to boot, then you select your HD from the boot drive options. When in ML you then need to install chameleon on your HD; using the myHack app, select 'install chameleon' and install it on your HD.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead reinstalled again. However WITH usb, I can only see the boot option for booting from usb that will put me back to ML installing page. WITHOUT usb, I receive the same error message "No boot device available, Press any key to reboot the system". I have read some forum that suggested to use rEFit to help boot. The ML is definitely installed (~500mb taken away before I formated the HD). Please help! Thanks a lot again!

ML installation should be a lot more than 500MB... If it is not seeing it even from the USB it isn't an issue with chameleon installation on the drive, it is an issue with OS X installation itself. Could you post a full copy of the installer log output to pastebin.com and link it here?

As I suspected, based on that installer log your USB was not created correctly and is missing the majority of system files. Either your usb stick is corrupted in general or the mountain lion source you used is, in which case you should attempt a file system repair on the system you got it from and redownload it from the appstore.

I have used a new USB and download a new copy of OS Lion from my macbook. Went through the whole process, still nothing. One my second and third try, the Installer actually popped up saying installation couldn't be completed. Can you take a look at the new error log? Thanks a lot!

All log: http://pastebin.com/j5RezDFE

Error log: http://pastebin.com/CSr9K7uD