Neogeo71

Neogeo71

-Where you are from/where you live.

Born and raised in Chicago, IL

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

I played with Hackintosh briefly about 4 years ago, then moved on to a real Mac, series of issues with my iMac and the inability to be able to work on it to fix it led me back to hackintosh as my next choice when it was time to upgrade. I have now used a hackintosh daily for over the last year.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

Mild to moderate. My current daily driver is a Asus P8P67M-Pro running 10.8.1. I ran it with 10.6.8 for a year and recently upgraded to latest OS. It is working 100%. I have knowledge of OSX and related processes to getting it on other hardware.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

Frustration with my 24 inch iMac and multiple trips to Apple in order to get them resolved. I prefer to service my own hardware.

-Your general computer skill level.

Life long IT career (20 yrs), I love all things Apple, have extensive knowledge of All OS, Computer Hardware etc.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

Very familiar with Mac and PC, certified Apple repair tech, currently work in a primarily windows environment.

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

Love to read forums and help out with answers to users questions. I frequent a lot of other Hackintosh sites but a donated Shuttle PC SB51G led me on a search which brought me here. I hope to get it working 100% for my little 4 year old boy who suffers from Sensory Processing Disorder. The iPad has done amazing things for his development and he has added amazing mouse and computer skills in the past year. I have the lucky benefit of getting to work remotely from home 2 days a week and one Hackintosh in the house is not enough for the both of us! He is not happy to share my Hack with him on workdays at all! Like the site and glad to find yet another home/community to all things hackintosh to add to my growing list of sites...