PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
crc-error404

[03/03/2011] - D430 BIOS rework

Just a thought... I'm more interested in a nice 'bios password' screen than opening splash screen, as I see it a lot more.

any thoughts on making that screen nice? That would be the thing to make me want to bios flash.

Sorry that will never ever happen because its not possible - thats a fact - password screen has nothing to do with graphics or pictures - its just black text on white background - what we MAYBE can do is invert this screen --> white text on black background...

@ moonman: download hp format tool for pen drives - create pendrive in windows and copy bootfiles on it - then follow the guid - or like bronx said do it in win itself :D

Guest macaroni

Just curious - are there any plans (or any need for that matter) of modding the bios further? I am just looking to get a good stable 10.6.8 going on my D430 and I'm done - so I'd like to go ahead and flash my bios, but want to make sure that if I grab the one on the wiki that that's the way to go. I'll be be doing a clean install of SL and update, but want to do the BIOS first (I also had a bios question here: sd boot?, but just realized it might be good to put it in this post?) Anyway, would appreciate any info/help. Thanks.

EDIT: also I noticed that the wiki & forum say that the BIOS download will always have the latest EDP - is that still the case? So does it have EDP 1.8? Thanks in advance for any assistance....

My "Macbook" is almost perfect. I have a few upgrades in mind. Just wondering if i install this bios i can get rid of the password to resume from sleep. I attempted to sleep without the password and got a kp(you must restart). Thanks for all the hard work