Greetings from Toronto, Canada

ambsace

Hi there.

Born and raised in Toronto, Canada, but my family hails from KL, Malaysia. For anyone local to Toronto, I live in mid-town with my wife and 2 kids.

I started in the Hackintosh scene back in 2009 with a GA-EP45-UD3R/Q9550 based system (Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion). I've been using Macs personally, academically, and professionally since the mid-1990s, but have always been a PC-enthusiast who has built multiple computers for friends and family.

Hackintoshes seemed to be the best of both worlds, I get to build my rigs and use the OS of my liking. To be honest though, while I have always had an Apple notebook (Powerbooks, iBooks, MacBook Pros), I wanted to have a Desktop Mac for my condo (my Linux workstation had died) but couldn't afford real hardware. This naturally gravitated me to the Hackintosh scene. Haven't looked back since.

I recently gave my Q9550 system to my brother and needed to build a new Hackintosh system (GA-77X-UP5 / 3570K). My research lead me to here, and I must say--I'm super impressed with myHack.

I am considered an advanced computer user who is competent with many computing OSes. Unfortunately, as I'm sure others can attest to this, I'm kind of like tech support for all my friends and family.

My knowledge isn't too structured though, and I basically pick up skills where necessary (from Linux server administration, HTML/CSS/JS, Java, perl, python, NLE video editing). I guess I'm just curious.

Cheers,

-ambsace