How to Request Read Receipts in Mac OS X Mail

Leon

• Administrators

Hi,

I while back i posted a blogpost on my blog about howto request return receipts when sending mails in OSX mailapp, allmost magicly - Phillippe Mathot got in contact with me to let me know that have made a real app. out of it.

Check out the app. for your self.. its rocks!

Blog post: http://www.r2x2.com/users/lsb/weblog/5c5e1/How_to_Request_Read_Receipts_in_Mac_OS_X_Mail.html

Application:

Turnceipt.app.zip

the onces you sent to also have to click "yes" ;)

Hi, I installed as Pino did, it does not work for me either...

could you please explain a bit more precisely the procedure to launch/install the app and how to send a return receipt request....

(I have activated one of my email addresses, and the app says that it's activated. When I send an email to myself for testing, no return request appears...)

Joe

Hi, I installed as Pino did, it does not work for me either...

could you please explain a bit more precisely the procedure to launch/install the app and how to send a return receipt request....

(I have activated one of my email addresses, and the app says that it's activated. When I send an email to myself for testing, no return request appears...)

Joe

Hi there,

The return to receipt is active but the thing is that Mail.app (we have to clear on this) doesn't manage the return receipt in received mails, so this means that if someone sends you an email with the return to receipt request in the header, it will not be requested when open in mail.

Some applications that signals the return receipt are Outlook, Thunderbird, and maybe some others. If you want to test it you have to send an email to an email account setup in Thunderbird (from Mail.app to thunderbird), so if you send an email to one of you friend that is using thunderbird or outlook, he will see the return receipt.

tell me if I'm not clear...

cheers,

Phil

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey Phil,

Cool to see your around - let me shortly introduce Phil.. Phil is the guy who made the app.

For the record, it works great here.. on both SL and Lion.

What could be interesting to research, is wether it can be made on an account level.. (in a multi-account setup, all return receipts is sent to the same account)

Hey Leon,

I made a bit of research (not finished yet), the UserHeader is the whole application, I'm currently trying to find a way to insert the parameter directly in the header of the mail, but I think I'd need to make a plugin for that.

Phil