[Small] Problem with installation [retail] OSX 10.6.3

UnixKing

Hey Conti!

Today I decided to try and install OSX on my Dell XPS m1330 laptop. I posted the specs in another post but for reference i'll repost them here. Here is what happens. After entering the flags "busratio=20 cpus=1 -v -x -f", the system goes through the usual loading kexts thing and then the last line i think is "systemShutdown false". After that it flashes a greyish white screen. My laptop display then turns off and dies. This is similar to what happened when i tried to fix the mac app store problem. My computer would restart and sleep. Do you know a fix for this? I am using the retail 10.6.3 disc from apple. Thank You!

Let me know if you need more information. Here are my specs

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Dell Laptop Model

Dell XPS m1330 [2008]

On it now. Which boot loader should i use? Thank you!!

Edit: I used the flag you gave me and the system couldn't get past loading a kext. The problem might be the boot loader I used. I'm going to test chameleon, empire efi and a couple of other boot loaders. If I am unsuccessful , ill just buy a Mac.

The boot loader does matter. I loaded chameleon on a cd and was able to get to the welcome screen but with no keyboard and mouse support. I think the fix for this is to use a USB keyboard and mouse. I can also confirm that tonycrap's I software is complete shit. Thank you!

Edit the installation was successful! Only problem was I didn't ave the my hack file. Doing a second attempt now