EDP 1.5 - Release Candidate 4 released

Leon

• Administrators

Hey Chris,

I actually have the same kind of laptop these days (reselling it, its the 16xx X 10xx) model.

As for your problem with powerman. - Yes, you are right, its a problem with speedstep.

Try and use coolbook to act as speedstep alternative ( http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/wiki/1d8c1/Howto_Fix_heating_problems.html ) - it works on mine and solves the above problems.

As for cd/dvd, i'll have a chat with mariusz and have him add cd/dvd fix to rc5

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an D620 with Intel graphics that ran 10.6.5 with EDP 1.5rc4 properly. I updated to 10.6.6 and it dies at boot with a CPU mismatch error in PM.

I backed out to EDP 1.4 still running the updated to 10.6.6. and it seems to be ok. So something in EDP 1.5rc4 is interacting with 10.6.6.

Mikk,

Please test the attached dsdt file and report back.

Leon,

I tested this dsdt.aml as well with my d620-nvidia-A10 and rc4 and it works much better. I have sleep on clamshell sleep, sleep/wake (with bios password), DVD operation, wireless, etc.

Thanks!

However, when I play a DVD in my drive using "DVD Player", I get audio fine, but the video windows are black. (Or the whole screen is black when in full-screen mode.) Is there a graphics fix I need?

Cheers.

-badpens