New voodoops2controller.kext out by ANV aka Andyvan

Bronxteck

Hi I keep getting these messg when I boot with Slice ps controller kext

localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream at readDataPort.

Message repeat itself quite e few times during boot

Is anyone else having this problem????

My laptop is d430 :huh:

• Administrators

yeah no matter what comes out I keep gravitating to that version also with the same result "feels more natural". Daniel have you tried the one a couple of posts up that i modified? if you have do you notice any difference to the one from post 4?

Slice i was getting a really bad lag on keyboard last night after updating to 10.6.7 i had to literaly wait a minute before i could see the text show up... almost like a tscsync symptom but the only thing affected was the keyboard... weird

I always see those lags if dropbox updated or some other HDD activity. But it is not related to keyboard driver. And I see no diff between 10.6.6 and 10.6.7.

Daniel have you tried the one a couple of posts up that i modified? if you have do you notice any difference to the one from post 4?

Yeah, I'm using it now. It's better, tracking speed is perfect, dragging too. Only the scrolling is a bit buggy, when I touch the trackpad's right side, it's looks like when I press the page up button. Anyway, IMHO it's the best trackpad driver now avaiable for the D620, almost feels like Alps' Win7 touchpad driver.

Yeah, I'm using it now. It's better, tracking speed is perfect, dragging too. Only the scrolling is a bit buggy, when I touch the trackpad's right side, it's looks like when I press the page up button. Anyway, IMHO it's the best trackpad driver now avaiable for the D620, almost feels like Alps' Win7 touchpad driver.

Glad it works for you on my d430 horrible feel trackpad so bad so jumpy I reverted back to Slice one

Robi62 did you adjust it with trackpad prefpane?

Daniel yes it is very similar to the windows driver feel even the unfortunate scroll if it was 2 clicks slower it would be perfect

Hi Bronteck I did but did not make a dfference.

as they are many ps kexts in the topic I dont know which is the right one........

Maybe I should download the one Daniel posted?????

I did it seems ok I will test and get back to you...