Introduction-Atul

Atul

-Where you are from/where you live.

My name is Atul (age 34) and I am from India. I live in New Delhi.

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

I am new to Hackint0sh (This would be my first build)

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

No practical experience, I've just seen YouTube videos (if you call that experience ;))

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

Well, I am using an AMD Athlon X2 based computer which I got in 2007 or 2008 (if I remember correctly). In the last 5 years my requirement of a computer has gone from a 'simple machine" to 'photo editing' and some 'video editing'. It's 2013 and my system cannot cope up with the new Photoshop and definitely not with video editing software. So decided to get a new system for the purpose. Though Windows is good I wanted to use Apple (never used one but tried it in a retail showroom). The price was too high... so decided for a Hackint0sh. Some of the YouTube channels (primarily video editing) really motivated me to get my Hackint0sh done.

The other motivator was that I could see a Mac in my budget.

-Your general computer skill level.

May be 6/10. I have done software installations in the past, Windows installation (piece of cake). Dis-assembling and assembling a PC

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

No Technical experience...I have always been an end user. Programming Language- Nil (I work as a Finance consultant with a part time photography business)

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

I can offer help as a moderator (however, it is a long shot as I being a newbie). Anyways, I believe in helping people, I will offer any kind of help in my capacity. However, if its related to photography/video I might be useful, but then this is not the forum for either of them.