merged threads - D630 troubles...

joemax

I'm making a little progress, but I cannot open up the system preferences and wonder how I can get around it so I can fix it.

I noticed that the BIOS updater for the Dell 630 is an "exe" file implying it needs windows to run, but what if I don't have windows installed yet?

How long should I wait before assuming a hung install when the screen says about a minute with registering updated components taking forever?

3 threads - why u dont post in one???

I'm making a little progress, but I cannot open up the system preferences and wonder how I can get around it so I can fix it.

I noticed that the BIOS updater for the Dell 630 is an "exe" file implying it needs windows to run, but what if I don't have windows installed yet?

How long should I wait before assuming a hung install when the screen says about a minute with registering updated components taking forever?

3 threads - why u dont post in one???

Not knowing how your forum is managed, I assumed that different people were involved in different areas, but going forward I will try and get it together as ONE INSTALL issue, or something like that.

create a bootable dos usb stick - try freedos - boot into dos - flash bios by typing the exactly name followed by enter:

D630_OSX.EXE --> Enter

Well, it breaks my system totally, although the flashing worked and I do see the Apple Logo. Any tips? I used the Nvidia which is what I have

if your still having issues with prefpanes go to the beginning of the edp 1.8 topic, theres a patch for prefs.

Well, I reinstalled the bios version 17 which works fine, except for wireless, so I'm not sure why this is an edp issue but I will read it, thanks.