New Hackintosh user

n_alvarez2007

Hi everyone,

My name is Nathan. I'm 24 years old and I live in Southern California. I've been attempting hackintosh's for several years now but only recently was able to make a semi-working hackintosh build. Overall I'm fairly new to hackintoshing. I've attempted to build a hackintosh using an AMD board / processor but realized quickly that it was more pain than it was worth to do so. Because of this, I recently purchased an Intel motherboard and processor which allowed for a semi-successful build. I've always loved Mac OS X and the innovations each "cat" brings to the table. However, I'm a poor college student and cannot afford the prices Apple charges for their products. Generally speaking I'm a pretty advanced computer nerd. I've worked mostly on the Windows platform but have dabbled in Linux as well, mostly Linux Mint and Ubuntu. I'm currently a Computer Systems student working in C++ but aside from that I have some experience in Visual Basic and Java. As you may be able to tell from this post, I am very detail oriented and so if I'm able to help anyone out who may have difficulty understanding other sources because of vagueness or confusion, I'm typically able to convey the same information in a more "lamens-terms" way. I'm excited to be a part of this community and I look forward to reading up on what people have to say on here.