I can't switch ON Wi-Fi

poldas

If I rebrand my card Will I switch ON Wi-Fi in Mac OS X?

I had this same issue when I was running 10.5.8. Wi-Fi stopped working, and I couldn't figure out why. I ended up figuring out that I had accidentally hit the Fn+F2 key combo, which disables the Wireless adaptor. I had done this while booted into OS X, and performing that key combo again would NOT re-enable the wireless adaptor.

I ended up having to boot a Linux LiveCD and perform the key combo again while booted into Linux. (I used Ubuntu, if my memory serves me correctly.) That re-enabled the wireless adaptor, and re-booting into OS X showed that it worked again.

Give it a try. It only takes a few minutes. ;)

I have two D430's with 10.6.7, the install for both went great. I used EDP1.8 on both, but on one of them I've lost Airport and Bluetooth after the update to 10.6.7. They were working fine before the update.

Airport disappeared immediately. System says that no Airport is installed.

Bluetooth worked at first, but now after waking the computer from sleep, I've lost Bluetooth too; it hasn't come back after rebooting.

(I used sleep as per instructions here, re. Bios system password.)

I've tried the IOPCI Family kext referred to from the insanelymac website, but it didn't fix the Airport issue.

The wifi card is a Dell 1390. Is my best bet to rebrand it as an Airport card?

Any suggestions for Bluetooth?

I haven't gotten around to updating the Bios, which is still at A00. Could that be part of the problem too?

I haven't gotten around to updating the Bios, which is still at A00. Could that be part of the problem too?

Well, since the last one for D430 is A09 - it might be a problem. Sure.

But if an BIOS update is due, you should try CRC's modified BIOS as per this thread. It works like a charm. You don't need a DSDT anymore and all things are working fine (including supported WiFi)