vga out

Bronxteck

• Administrators

I tried VGA output With the EDP and it worked as an extended monitor but when I selected Mirrored mode it corrupted both monitors and I can't get it back. Now when I unplug the VGA cable it clears up on the laptop, So how can you delete the display prefpane catch to at least have extended mode back. (You can't uncheck mirror mode because of garbled screen and only have access to that option when both screens connected but you cant see it to uncheck it.) It's a damn catch 22!... Maybe a script is in order here .. A little input Guys would help ;)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did you guys get VGA out working im on the latest RC release and every time i connect the VGA cable to my D430 the laptop monitor just turns black and nothing shows up on the external one. Theres no way for me to get the laptop monitor working until I restart.

I sugest you all to have Remote Screen enabled so in case of screen failure You can log in remotely and change settings back.

But turns out this is not the case for this one :) The remote screen stays the same (screwed)

Recovery worked by pressing Fn + F8

On the plus side I just found out that when your secondary display is in Rotation (tested on 90') the mirror works. :)

post-3-064163500 1294098615.png

Any updates on this?

I have snow leopard 10.6.6 working perfectly on my D620 with Intel Video and Dell 1390 wireless.

The only issue I have is it is NOT working with VGA out and I need to use this connected to my external monitor.

I have also tried connecting it to my Dell D/Port Port Replicator model PR01X and using the VGA out or DVI out on the port replicator and no luck there either.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions, fixes anyone ?

Ideally I would like it to work with the DVI out on my external Dell D/Port Port Replicator model PR01X.

Thanks for any input...

Here is what my port replicator looks like...

4126HXBR0ZL.jpg

31ZTDR5V35L.jpg