Wi Fi LED Indicator - doesn't work!

UseR1302

Hi, can anyone help me to solve such annoying problem!!!

I need help with my "Dell 1395 wireless" card was put instead native "Intel pro 3945abg wireless" card!

Card dell 1395 works excellent, but the problem is wifi LED Indicator is inactive anyway!

My Laptop: Dell Latitude D820 (NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M; Intel Core 2Duo T5600 1,8Ghz; RAM DDR2 2Gb).

Laptop has tumbler switch for both wifi and bluetooth module cards.

Also present wifi catcher technology (...Maybe that's cause?)

Install method: iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) + 10.6.3 Retail + OSXLATITUDE METHOD(Chameleon and last EDP) + Broadcom43XXFamily.kext.

Maybe I must attach some additional info - please tell me!

With hope and best wishes,

Ivan from Kyiv, Ukraine

sorry to tell you mate, but to get that to work, you will need support for it in the driver.. and we dont have that..

Many times i had read about successful work wifi on D820 Laptops with replaced native intel cards by dell1395 cards.

But I couldn't find on the internet such a problem with wifi led!

I just puzzled (sorry for my English) - doesn't anyone has similar problem, and Am I the only "lucky" guy with such a problem?

Any chances?

Anyway, thanks for reply

let me get it right...

Your wireless works, but you dont have a green light in the wifi icon on top of the keyboard.. did i understand you right ?

Yes, you did, that's right, - green wifi led (on the laptop display hinge, as well as others: hdd, battery, bluetooth)

And wireless works

• Administrators

You wont get that to work under osx, the reason is, that the led light is activated from the driver, and support for that simply dosent exists in the driver, meaning your options is:

1. Dont care about it and forget about it :)

2. Write a new driver that works *good luck* :P

You wont get that to work under osx, the reason is, that the led light is activated from the driver, and support for that simply dosent exists in the driver, meaning your options is:

1. Dont care about it and forget about it :)

2. Write a new driver that works *good luck* :P

What about paragraph 2 - I was scared as soon as I heard about this!!! :blink:

I think I need to calm down ;)

I will act as you tell in par. 1 B)

Thank you