Kernel Panic with Multicore

UseR1302

Hi all!

I am working on setting-up osx on my Dell Latitude D820 and disappointed about strange kernel panic running osx in multicore mode. :huh:

It happens when I trying to start System Monitor(ing) application to watch cpu and memory usage. Application even doesn't have time to show any system info - we have immediately kernel panic!. :angry:

Any other application runs perfect. :(

When I switch multicore support to disable mode in BIOS - everything works.

I have Intel Core2Duo T5600 CPU. I use VoodooTSCSync.kext for dual core support.

There is a list of used kexts:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

Broadcom43XXFamily.kext

VoodooPowerMini.kext

FakeSMC.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

Also I have attached an jpg-image file with kernel panic stack trace

If anyone could help me I will be grateful to

Thanks

Hi all!

I am working on setting-up osx on my Dell Latitude D820 and disappointed about strange kernel panic running osx in multicore mode. :huh:

It happens when I trying to start System Monitor(ing) application to watch cpu and memory usage. Application even doesn't have time to show any system info - we have immediately kernel panic!. :angry:

Any other application runs perfect. :(

When I switch multicore support to disable mode in BIOS - everything works.

I have Intel Core2Duo T5600 CPU. I use VoodooTSCSync.kext for dual core support.

There is a list of used kexts:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

Broadcom43XXFamily.kext

VoodooPowerMini.kext

FakeSMC.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

Also I have attached an jpg-image file with kernel panic stack trace

If anyone could help me I will be grateful to

Thanks

Attached file

IMG_0666.JPG.zip

• Administrators

i have seen the issue before, but not sure of the solution.. quick work around (for now) until we figure this out is to install istat menus or one of the istat dashboard widgets to monitor your machine..

I think somebody else here at the forum had the same problem.. so you might try and search around...

one thing to try:

* Make sure that you are running latest update of osx

* Make sure that you are using EDP 1.8

* Try without the powerpack..

* Try without the powerpack..

What did mean "powerpack"?

I use the latest EDP 1.8 package.

I just tried an interesting experiment: started up my comp with old version 10.0.0 patched kernel taked from old version iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) cd - problem's gone! (Except newly bluetooth crash).

Maybe patched kernel would be a solution but I would be interested in using vanilla kernels if it is possible.

I found a tricky dependence between -verbose boot mode and kernel panic launching activity monitor!!!

I should expect kernel panic every time osx starts up with -verbose boot mode and if there is normal boot (graphical boot screen) - I have not kernel panic with activity monitor!

This is confirmed by few (about 10) tests: 7 - with default boot and no problem; 3 - verbose boot and kernel panic!

I think that is +1 step towards solving the problem, and I need your help, guys!!!

Thanks!