create usb image using windows?

jbell

OK i got he usb drive created but it will not boot. Do i have to use bunzip to extract the iso or can i use winzip or winrar? Does my bios in the D630 have to be upgraded before it can boot the usb drive?

OK got the USB pen to boot now i cant do anythng it keeps telling me to restart the pc. I already flash my bios with the D630 bios i down loaded from here. reset defualts in my bios. set Sata Operation to ahci

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_U8Z4WIkI

I am trying to follow the directions to make a thumb drive from the image. I do not have access to an osx computer. I have never used dd or bzip but I am trying. Do you need to use bzip2. Can I used winrar? what are the commands to unzip a file on root z for bzip? I assume you use this in a dos window? The wiki really needs a step by step with instructions on how to deal with the issues that come up. I am happy to write one I just need some help getting to that stage.

I am trying to follow the directions to make a thumb drive from the image. I do not have access to an osx computer. I have never used dd or bzip but I am trying. Do you need to use bzip2. Can I used winrar? what are the commands to unzip a file on root z for bzip? I assume you use this in a dos window? The wiki really needs a step by step with instructions on how to deal with the issues that come up. I am happy to write one I just need some help getting to that stage.

An alternate way is to use an iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD, ( google it and download, burn CD). DO your first install, get into OSX, then make your USB pen drive. That's what I did about three weeks ago as I had no mac or 8GB usb drive. Once you are in OSX, you can install the EDP.

Good luck.

An alternate way is to use an iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD, ( google it and download, burn CD). DO your first install, get into OSX, then make your USB pen drive. That's what I did about three weeks ago as I had no mac or 8GB usb drive. Once you are in OSX, you can install the EDP.

Good luck.

Thanks I downloaded iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). The issue I have is I only have a Lion dvd not a snow leopard. and to use Lion this site wants you to install snow leopard 1st. I guess I could order a snow leopard dvd as they are cheap on ebay. The weird thing is DD in windows seems to write just fine but the usb drive is empty when its done.