D620 Version mismatch Kernel CPU

wamblej

Dell D620 Intel ->> I haven't updated my EDP in a little while, and I think it was running 1.6, so today I decided to update to 1.8. But I ran into a problem. Now it just tells me to power it off and at the top of the screen says Version Mismatch between Kernal and CPU. Do I need to re-install the EDP with different options? If I do need to re-run EDP install, how do I go about getting back into it now that it won't go into OSX. Thanks in advance for your help!

Dell D620 Intel ->> I haven't updated my EDP in a little while, and I think it was running 1.6, so today I decided to update to 1.8. But I ran into a problem. Now it just tells me to power it off and at the top of the screen says Version Mismatch between Kernal and CPU. Do I need to re-install the EDP with different options? If I do need to re-run EDP install, how do I go about getting back into it now that it won't go into OSX. Thanks in advance for your help!

How did you install your machine?

If you did it with Leppy's Boot-132 you can probably boot from the CD and reset your EDP. (let it be noted you should update OS X when updating EDP, at least thats what i do to prevent any mayor mishaps with my system)

M.

Thank you for all the replies. I will have to do it this weekend as I can't risk messing up my Windows 7 boot sector during the week. I seem to remember that getting in with -x worked before (similar thing happened with 1.6) and I'll do a new build as soon as I'm in. Thanks.

I attempted the safe mode boot and it froze at the same screen where it said panic (cpu 0 caller 0x2a96f6) version mismatch between kernel and CPU PM.

below that with the panic gibberish it did have sleep enabler listed... it appears that is the problem with the boot. If I can't get into safe mode is there a way I can rebuild my EDP? Thanks.

-x -v PmVersion=21 in chameleon prompt, or in -v -s (single user mode) remove the sleepenabler and nub...

I tried both of these and for some reason they both end up at the same frozen screen. It also says something like all unnecessary kexts have been disabled for safe mode. At the bottom it says Mac OSX has been up for xxxxxxx nanoseconds. but then the computer quits processing and it just sits there. Do I need to leave it on this screen for a while, or am I going to have to load a new bootloader or something somehow? Do I need to install MacDrive and delete some kexts that may be interfering or anything? Thanks again for the help.

well what did you use to install osx? maybe that will get you booted up.

I used D620SLV1.iso. I guess I could burn that again and try a repair. is there a new version that I should be using to do this? I remember when I did that last it messed up my W7 boot sector.

I have also tried PmVersion=0 and it did the same thing.

It says the error is specifically with sk.triaxis.kext.sleepenabler. Should I have deleted my extras folder before running the EDP update?