Wishlist for next EDP ?

Leon

I hate Nvidia. They literally cook laptops. My gma950 flavour of the same laptop is idling at a nice cool 46C and tops out at 52C. I would still seriously consider tearing it down and applying arctic silver and throw a nice coper shim on the gpu if this was a nvidia model.

http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=copper+shim&_armrs=1&_dmd=2&_from=&_ipg=

• Administrators

Hi,

This is a D430-Intel, and right now (with mediabase) its stable at 58C - i had it opened a while back when i replaced the old cooler, and i noticed that it uses these "pillows", i gave it a bit of artic silver both below and on top of the "pillow", and that lowered the temp. a bit - i have been considering finding some coper blocks to replace the pillows - rumor has it that it transports heat better.. what do you think ?

And yes, the Nvidia becomes quite warm, but it also depends on what nm the cpu and gpu is made in.. eg. the 8xxx intel series produce less heat even with a higher freq. than eg. mine u7700 does.

Greetings all!

I have snow leopard 10.6.6 working perfectly on my D620 with Intel Video and Dell 1390 wireless.

Ideally I would love to see this working with the external Dell D/Port Port Replicator model PR01X.

Even if all the features of the port replicator don't work, at least as a start having the ability to use the DVI port for an external monitor would be great! Secondarily, if the LAN port on the port replicator would also work that would be excellent as well.

Here is what the port replicator looks like...

4126HXBR0ZL.jpg

31ZTDR5V35L.jpg

It might be because of the case sensitive filesystem, but it took me some time to figure out that the bootloader i had installed was looking for DSDT.aml and not dsdt.aml. It didn't help setting it in the com.apple.boot.plist, since that had to be changed to com.apple.Boot.plist. Perhaps it would be better to have the cases right from the start if possible.

• Administrators

Ok, let me end this one - since its my call on how EDP is dist.

First of all, you should never use a case sensitive file system, it leads to more problems than good.

Second of all, all files in EDP will always be distributed in lower case, again, because case sensitive is crap to deal with - in this case, it would be better if chameleon-team correct their code .. my motto is "keep it clean, keep it simple" :)

I'm still waiting fro someone else to be brave enough to try the dsdt bios flash on the d630 x3100. Sorry crc, I trust u but I'm just scared of brickage and I don't have a usb floppy o play with it. So ..let me know when it's been fully tested. :)

Flash the right bios mod and u dont have to carry about case sensitive dsdt.aml....