Wishlist for next EDP ?

Leon

• Administrators

Hey People,

So, fire away.. what would you like to see in the next EDP ?

I'm thinking:

* Fix script to apply fixes to the system (eg. fixme.command)

* Automated optimize and cleanup script (eg. optimize.command)

* Functional SD Card reader

* Bugfix: voodooPS2controller with no-debug and add support for trackpoint

* Support for Dell Latitude D520

* Full VGA out support..

Other ideas ?

• Administrators

Now, thats a DAMN good idea.. i love it.. we could take the information we get back and document it on the wiki (the wiki is better for actual documentation)

Anything you wanna be in charge of ?

• Administrators

I would be very happy with a working solution for the temperature problem.

Nothing has worked so far, and man, this thing runs hot!

How hot is hot.. mine is steady at 65 degree... (install istat to check it out), also.. remember to clean your cooler...

Maybe we could add an optional app pack that would be used for probing the system and reporting specs for the user etc. That way when someone is having trouble we could tell them to run ""x" + ""y" and send the report files back to osxlatitude? Just a thought.

I was thinking the same...

The dsdt.sh script for dumping all ACPI tables is ready. I'm finishing spec.sh for all those OSX related stuff (like IOregistry, used kext, etc) it will be included in next EDP release.

You should rework the com.apple.boot.plist file that you have with the one that Leppy had.

I'm talking from the Dell D620 nVidia standpoint. A user a few months back was crazy enough to take our little nVidia NVS110M card and make an EFI code for it.

That was later released by Leppy to get better graphics.

I have been using the last known com.apple.boot.plist file and the smbios.plist from Leppy's configuration and everything else is from the EDP and i'm running better graphics than ever before(although i have to say EDP 1.4 had 1080p worked out much better but that might be me).

Just a little idea to get the best out of your nVidia powered Dell D620.

M.

PS. 65 degrees seems hot. Mine runs at 44-54 degrees with normal usage(i use Temprature monitor to monitor my system).

65C is really flippin hot and wouldn't be surprised if you toast your GPU at that temp. I would be looking at ifixit web site and look for the teardown. take it apart, remove the fan and sink then clean the cpu with some alcohol and lastly apply some arctic sliver paste to the cpu before re-assembly. There's no way it should be running that hot!!!

• Administrators

Actually its quite normal for this model, the normal 1,2ghz is a bit less, i have allready done everything that Can be done, yesterday when we were doing experiments it went up to 87 degree