D820 installation help

paulextended

I'm using this site as a reference to try to install OSX 10.6.4 (the only copy of OSX I have): http://www.r2x2.com/users/lsb/weblog/1b8db/

I can get to the point where I swap out the Chameleon boot disk and my install dvd. However, it just boots into an apple loading screen and hangs there.

My bios firmware version is A10.

What am I doing wrong? What are my options?

Thanks

i don't understand... have you already installed osx to the hard drive? if so you need to put the disc back in to boot then install chameleon and edp once osx finishes the install

Well I can't get to the install screen.

I booted with the Chameleon CD. Then I switched the cd out with my osx install dvd. I hit F5 until the Install DVD option comes up. I click it. It goes into a grey screen with an apple logo and just has the loading image. I left it on for 30 minutes and all it did was display a loading image.

• Administrators

if you do a -v when you select the os install disk it should show you where its hanging up... if your using the "leppy" image with the 10.6.3 disc then the problem is most likely graphics... if you can use a mac and have a bootable thumb drive then just install chameleon to the thumb drive install edp to it build for your machine on the thumb drive and use that to boot might as well copy the edp.pkg to it as well for later install to the partition

Thanks guys. I got it to boot and install. The only issue I'm running into is when I come out of display sleep, the screen is all messed up and I can't make out anything. The only way for me to solve this quickly is to put the laptop to sleep or hard reset.

Anyone know what I can do to make the screen come back from display sleep correctly. My actual laptop suspend works fine.

• Administrators

well the "sleep fix" in "fixes" is not a kext it is a terminal command that sets hibernate mode to 0. if you need more info in terminal type man pmset... that will give you the literature for the pmset command

ps i forgot to ask what graphics are you running because that can affect alot of things like my previous recommendation. if it's intel gma945/950 then do the build with d620-intel, but only if it's intel. definetly before you do that though try the option in fixes section of edp

well the "sleep fix" in "fixes" is not a kext it is a terminal command that sets hibernate mode to 0. if you need more info in terminal type man pmset... that will give you the literature for the pmset command

ps i forgot to ask what graphics are you running because that can affect alot of things like my previous recommendation. if it's intel gma945/950 then do the build with d620-intel, but only if it's intel. definetly before you do that though try the option in fixes section of edp

Good question. What's the best way for me to find out what graphics chipset I'm running? I tried looking it up by service tag but I couldn't identify anything that was a definite answer.

Good question. What's the best way for me to find out what graphics chipset I'm running? I tried looking it up by service tag but I couldn't identify anything that was a definite answer.

Nope, switching it to the D620 Intel version didn't work. The weird thing is I also noticed that if I switch resolutions, the screen will just turn blue. I can hit up and down to switch to a diff resolution but the blue screen still stays there. The only quick way to fix it is to close the lid of my laptop to start the suspend. When I open it back up my screen is back.

Weird. This is the only thing that's not working.