d630 with coolbok

lilfarlee

hey all this is my first build and my first post.......i have a D630 running on 10.6.7 with all the latest drivers for the d630 (ver. 1.8) its the core2 duo 2.20GHz 2Gig Ram with nvadia graphics. my system without cookbook gets to about 70C on full load while plugged in and about 64C full load on batt.

i have wifi(BCM) ethernet sound trackpad everything is working perfectly....i don't know if these temps are too high or ok i would hate to burn the laptop up....

so i installed cookbook and paid 10$ for activation but when i open it up it says can not find default frequences/voltages.....i can add only one to my list and the pair i can choose is ONLY 0 mhz but i assume all the V

any help on this i have looked everywhere for a solution :( should i just uninstall cookbook??? please help!

• Administrators

coolbook reads the smbios file in extra so you have to use a compatible smbios identifier like macbookair1,1 or macbook2,1. there are more supported identifiers but you would have to compare the ones that coolbook can use to a smbios thats more compatible for your specific hardware like graphics and cpu class (yohan,merom,penryn,etc...)

so you can try changing smbios identifier using lizard app and try changing it to macbookair1,1 at least it uses x3100 graphics

i go the lizard app and i am not sure how to build this.,... do i need to find all the info and enter it or will it automatically fill in the blanks for me??? meaning do i just input the dropdown menus or do i need to fill out everything.....also if i do this incorrectly will i mess up my instal and have to reinstall??

The drop down menu only gives me the option of macbook air 2.1 I changed it to this and got the sane message the. Changed it myself to 1,1 just deleted the number 2 and put 1 and that didn't work either. Then I added processor information and this didn't work either :( And more suggestion. I hope so

• Administrators

did it ask for your password when you saved it? check about this mac and see it it shows as a macbook air. if not in /extra/models/4x0 folder copy the smbios.plist and replace the one in the /extra folder then reboot