No QE Dell latitude d620 GMA945

CruelVampiro

Yes, im sure, may be not the first time but the next 3 times i selected option 4. :S it seems to be a weird error.

Now im trying to do my 5th installation.

Coud it be a bios configuration error?

make sure you ran the correct d620 model build intel gma graphics is option4 in edp 1.8.

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

Slot: Built in

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

make sure you ran the correct d620 model build intel gma graphics is option4 in edp 1.8.

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Slot: Built in

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Displays:

Display:

Display Connector:

I did that, but here's what I get:

nVidia Graphics Card:

Chipset Model: nVidia Graphics Card

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

ROM Revision: Silent Natit x86_64 v1.0.2

Displays:

Display:

Display Connector:

What do you think, run EDP 1.8 again?

Henry

• Administrators

what methods did you use to get snow working? edp 1.8 does not have Silent Natit x86_64 v1.0.2, delete extra folder and reinstall edp1.8.pkg build again with option 4. if not you have something in s/l/e or an injector or modified kernel if you used another distro to install osx. this works strait vanilla.

you can literally make a hdd image from a real mac, install edp and build with your latitude model, install chameleon to it and boot osx.

• Administrators

how can i check if chameleon is on my hdd?

i only have mac os in my disk, its a new 500gb WD Scorpio Blue.

when i boot ive boot0:error

and when i do fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 to set my partition active i ve got

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

what version chameleon pkg are you using, also why is it looking for mbr. did you format it with guid with osx extended journaled?

As the chameleon on the EDP 1.8 does not wokr ive tried 1021 and now 1028, tried RC3 and RC4... non of them work.

Ive tried converting to MBR, hybrid gpt/mbr by gptsync, and now i was trying to activate my mac os partition. with fdisk -e to see if it could work but nothing.

I installed mac os with SLD430USB.img.bz2

later installed chameleon rc5 635 from the wiki

edp 1.8

everything works fine but boot.

i booted into mac os with the usb

updated to 10.6.7 with combo and when it finished update no QE and no boot, only with usb stick.

I installed osx 10.6.0 with SLD430USB.img.bz2 againt and installed only EDP1.8 kext option 4 (dell d620 Ingel GMA950 + chameleon rc5 747 included in EDP1.8

and when reboot i see boot0 gpt boot0 test boot0 test boot0 error.

Need to boot with usb stick again

what methods did you use to get snow working? edp 1.8 does not have Silent Natit x86_64 v1.0.2, delete extra folder and reinstall edp1.8.pkg build again with option 4. if not you have something in s/l/e or an injector or modified kernel if you used another distro to install osx. this works strait vanilla.

you can literally make a hdd image from a real mac, install edp and build with your latitude model, install chameleon to it and boot osx.

I used a 10.6 retail disk (purchased) and Leppy's method to get to 10.6, then installed Chameleon 2 RC5 along with EDP 1.8, then updated to 10.6.7. I was unable to get the USB pen method outlined on Wiki to work, but will try it again with the D620 as the maker (since it's mostly operational :)

I used a 10.6 retail disk (purchased) and Leppy's method to get to 10.6, then installed Chameleon 2 RC5 along with EDP 1.8, then updated to 10.6.7. I was unable to get the USB pen method outlined on Wiki to work, but will try it again with the D620 as the maker (since it's mostly operational :)

Where can i find the leppy's method?? I ll try it later. So tomorrow i ll be posting news xD