After update to 10.6.8 I lost wi-fi and ethernet

poldas

• Administrators

mine shows up as 4311 in ubuntu, 4312 in kernel log but loads as a 4323 lol why i have no clue i have yet to rebrand it but i'm not having issues with detecting it maybe an occasional slowdown but nothing major

Hey Bronxtech.

Since it looks like we could possibly have the same wifi card, you you let me know what file I should be looking for when I pull the kext out of the 10.6.3 update. And when I do pull it out, how do I install the kext? Sorry about asking about this, but Im pretty new to this stuff still.

Thanks again.

the 100% fix is to add the model identifier of board in smbios.plist example Mac-Fxxxx

tested it and its true. i tried a few till i find best match for graphics power states and chipset cpu match near.

and in dsdt device (PCI) needs _UID added or replace _ADR

i had no boot. or sorta.. booted and no video. like vdeo wasnt beign put in right root. of pci.

so i did changes as i seen in others with same issue and they fixed. one is called "tequila fix"

_UID adding under _ADR. didnt work for me. had to replace _ADR with _UID on my inspiron 1520.

while in d620 i did a quick test and replaced _ADR and didnt work.. but i forgot to fix smbios.plist with

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=260539&view=findpost&p=1703018

and my dsdt testing

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=83039&view=findpost&p=1706137

Hi Everyone,

The site has been awesome in helping me finally get Snow Leopard installed. I am currently on 10.6.6 and have working Ethernet and Wifi.

Going under my device settings I only see for ethernet cards the /Extras/Extensions/AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext but don't see anything for the Wifi. Is this all I need to backup before updating to 10.6.8 and then re-applying this or is there something else?

I have a D630.

• Administrators

D630 does not do well with 10.6.8, dsdt needs modification as LatinMcG states as for the kexts... backup s/l/e... thats where all the system kexts are. you will probably need more than one. as for smbios the x3100 based d630 is closest to macbook3,1

Im getting confused here.

So I need to edit the smbios.plist??? Is that right. And if I edit, what do I edit? And what do I put where I need to edit. And when I edit the smbios.plist that will enable wifi to work. I don't need to do anything to my video etc. because that all works. I just need wifi.

Any help?

Thanks

heres my working macbook3,1 smbios.plistMB31smbios.zip

weird in the D620 i havent tried 10.6.8 but .. i tried editing _ADR to _UID and no boot 10.6.7 so maybe it doesnt need.. or maybe add it under _ADR

and i didnt replace any kexts :D .. straight update banzai.. it works. goodnight

to find a proper DMI info of a MacBook2,1 google for linuxbug ;-)

dmi.bios.date: 06/27/07
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0706270922
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: Mac-F4208CAA
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.board.version: PVT
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F4208CAA
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0706270922:bd06/27/07:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBook2,1:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F4208CAA:rvrPVT:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F4208CAA:
dmi.product.name: MacBook2,1
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

P.S.

Note that since Chameleon 2.0 RC5 svn 1036 all instances of "manufacter" in smbios.plist must be changed to "manufacturer".

and to install chameleon2 manualy .. theres a easy way in terminal.. copy and paste.

first copy the folder i386 rename to RC5 then put in the main root of disk so to get to it type in terminal

sudo -s
cd /RC5
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
cp boot /

now u have upgraded your chameleon2

well my update to 10.6.8 didn't go so well. I patched to 10.6.8 and then re-applied the EDP 1.8 with the D630, when I rebooted I am now getting a kernel panic on boot

Unable to find driver for this platform" "ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.3/iokit/Kernel.

I was reading a post, do I need to remove sleepenabler.ket and nullcpumanagement from the Extras folder before patching?

Thanks

well my update to 10.6.8 didn't go so well. I patched to 10.6.8 and then re-applied the EDP 1.8 with the D630, when I rebooted I am now getting a kernel panic on boot

Unable to find driver for this platform" "ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.3/iokit/Kernel.

I was reading a post, do I need to remove sleepenabler.ket and nullcpumanagement from the Extras folder before patching?

Thanks

Give me the exact specs of your D630, I am cooking a dsdt in the moment that hopefully and finally will end our troubles with this nasty AppleACPIPlatform.kext as well as IOPCIFamily.kext. There lies the problem for you not being able to boot. I am asking you this because it matters if you have nvidia or intel graphics.