After update to 10.6.8 I lost wi-fi and ethernet

poldas

I too get the KP issue if I reinstall EDP 1.8 after the 10.6.8 update. I guess there's an obvious workaround for now.

This topic seems to be shifting away from the wifi issue. Has anybody managed to fix their wifi using the method suggested above with Pacifist (whatever that is!)? If so, could they please offer a step-wise guide for the rest of us? If we need to rollback a kext it would also help if there was a means of identifying it as well as rolling it back.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

I too get the KP issue if I reinstall EDP 1.8 after the 10.6.8 update. I guess there's an obvious workaround for now.

This topic seems to be shifting away from the wifi issue. Has anybody managed to fix their wifi using the method suggested above with Pacifist (whatever that is!)? If so, could they please offer a step-wise guide for the rest of us? If we need to rollback a kext it would also help if there was a means of identifying it as well as rolling it back.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

That's easy.

1. open pacifist and open the update package

2. extract kext needed to the desktop

3. put extracted kext in /E/E or install with kext helper.

4. open EDP and select option 1, then pick option a.

5. reboot with -f, -v.

• Like 1

Give me the exact specs of your D630, I am cooking a dsdt in the moment that hopefully and finally will end our troubles with this nasty AppleACPIPlatform.kext as well as IOPCIFamily.kext. There lies the problem for you not being able to boot. I am asking you this because it matters if you have nvidia or intel graphics.

I have the Intel graphics chipset running an Intel C2D T7400. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for the help.

I have the Intel graphics chipset running an Intel C2D T7400. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for the help.

I want you to test this dsdt.aml and tell me if you get past the error. It is modified to work basically with the new 10.6.8 kexts. Download, put it in the /Extra folder. Repair permissions and reboot. Don't forget to delete SleepEnabler.kext if you had one in S/L/E!

I want you to test this dsdt.aml and tell me if you get past the error. It is modified to work basically with the new 10.6.8 kexts. Download, put it in the /Extra folder. Repair permissions and reboot. Don't forget to delete SleepEnabler.kext if you had one in S/L/E!

Ok will give it a try. I have one question though, the DSDT.aml you mention should be in the /Extra folder. I have one in the root directory of my hdd that was used to get me too boot into the O/S because the screen would turn black when booting. Placing the file in root helped with that issue so do I need to do anything with this file?

Nick

What did you change/patch in your dsdt to get past the black screen? Is it the case that your screen is WXGA+ having a resolution of 1440x900 or is it something else? The dsdt I gave you should work for Intel X3100 with resolution 1280x800.

What did you change/patch in your dsdt to get past the black screen? Is it the case that your screen is WXGA+ having a resolution of 1440x900 or is it something else? The dsdt I gave you should work for Intel X3100 with resolution 1280x800.

I found it from one of the topics on this forum. Maybe that was the problem because my screen is 1440x900.

Nick

That's easy.

1. open pacifist and open the update package

2. extract kext needed to the desktop

3. put extracted kext in /E/E or install with kext helper.

4. open EDP and select option 1, then pick option a.

5. reboot with -f, -v.

Bob,

Thanks for this. Can you help out a newbie, please?

2. Will it be obvious what the name of the kext is?

4. What does option a do?

5. How do I reboot with these options? What do they do?

Darren.

I found it from one of the topics on this forum. Maybe that was the problem because my screen is 1440x900.

Nick

Do you want me to fix the DSDT I sent you for your resolution? And then send it back again to you?

P.S.

Ok, HERE, this is the same DSDT I sent you, only for 1440x900 resolution. Please, after you extract the dsdt file rename to dsdt.aml. Try and tell me if it works for you.

-Simon

Im getting really confused now. Should I be using the Pacifist way or the smbios.plist way. I understand the Pacifist way...I just dont know what I am looking for. I tried looking last night using Pacifist and Combo update 10.6.3 and I got way to lost. I have no idea where to look in what directories or what file I am even looking for. And the smbios.plist way is way over my head. I am just a newbie and don't even really understand directory structure etc. of the Mac OS so this talk of doing this and that and editing is way over my head. I don't even know where this file is located and even if I find, what I should do with it. Is it a simple cut and paste with a plist file I find on the internet matching the similar specs of my D620 or I have to edit it using ID/Product numbers...I have no idea.

So please:):) if we mention something like this, please include what I have to do to wet wifi back. I appreciate the help so far very much. I just get really overwhelmed. I like baby steps first and then bigger steps later.

Thanks again.