After update to 10.6.8 I lost wi-fi and ethernet

poldas

i read somewhere that the location for the airport in dsdt changed slightly. and theres no need to rebrand. if u do. do it in dsdt device id injection and subvendor id.

i have AR5B91 ven_168c dev 002a .. subvendor .. uhh i made 8F like apple in dsdt.

if the broadcom is device id 4315 .. in dsdt make it say 4312 as 4315 is not in the io80211 of any apple os.

(but works just like 4312)

also the Device (PCI0) should get _UID added under _ADR .. in d630.. replaced. in d620 added. (my theory)

also try MacBook4,1 NOT PRO for d630 .. i had strange isues with MacBookPro3,1 but MacBook3,1 works fine (possibly typo in descriptions or file mixup)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=83039&view=findpost&p=1706137

i will get my friends D620 and unflash it to plain bios then debug dsdt with the 10.6.8 update

but first i will try to update with osxbios in it as it runs 10.6.7

i didnt use edp1.8 only a few kexts from it. D620 GMA950

try at chameleon boot prompt pmVersion=23 if it works change it in com.apple.boot.plist edp has pmVersion=21

Thanks that fixed the booting problem. Now my machine is really slow. Should I try running the fix from EDP 1.8?

Edit: Now my Wifi, USB and DVD are not working (on top of the system being slow).

Thanks that fixed the booting problem. Now my machine is really slow. Should I try running the fix from EDP 1.8?

Edit: Now my Wifi, USB and DVD are not working (on top of the system being slow).

try the MacBook3,1 smbios.plist i posted earlier yesterday.. even if its older laptop.

and heres the info to verify 2,1 if needed

mi.bios.date: 06/27/07
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0706270922
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: Mac-F4208CAA
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.board.version: PVT
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F4208CAA
dmi.product.name: MacBook2,1
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

i loose wireless if i use MacBookPRO3,1 smbios .. if i use macbook5,x runs a little hot but browser works best.

if i use MacBook4,1 (NOT Pro) i get a good balance of temps low in my inspiron 1520 8600m gt

so try diff smbios

EDIT: mb4.1 seems to not give me speedstates. 5,1 or 5,2 not pro work ok for 1520 and prob D630s and x30's

guys try applejack booting from -s

first install it then boot -s and type applejack

from sourceforge

• Administrators

ok now change Pciroot to 1 in com.apple.boot.plist you can use lizard app and see if that helps with slowdown

• Administrators

did you use combo update if not download it and reinstall. but before you go too crazy use disk utlility and repair permissions then reboot if that doesn't help then combo update. if not then add your specs to your signature so that we can help further

We are well aware of the problem! We already have a solution. It's basically a dsdt fix. The solutions is going to be in the next EDP, we hope we will release it ASAP. Until then you can try and patch the problem yourself. Open your dsdt file and in the Device (PCI0) section replace _ADR with _UID. That's it.