After update to 10.6.8 I lost wi-fi and ethernet

poldas

In the same boat here.

Latitude D420. Centrino Duo at 1.2ghz (since the 10.6.8 update though it's stuck at 800mhz). Broadcom 1390 wifi. 1.5gb of RAM. 80GB 1.8" HDD. No wifi, no ethernet, no USB. New EDP won't help because I don't have any way of getting it on the machine. Can't take the hard drive out because I don't have the right adapter to hook it up to USB.

I don't have any kind of kext editor loaded, and as I mentioned, no way of getting any new software or kexts on there. Any suggestions as to what I can do to at least get my wifi or USB working? I can post what my various plist files say if that will help.

first repair your drive permissions with disk utility then delete all the network devices and reboot then add them back see if that helps

No dice. Rebuilding the drive permissions was fine. Removed the network adapters, rebooted, re-added and still nothing.

EDIT: I did notice in my dsdt.aml file that it references an 'Intel Wireless 3945' amongst all the jumbled text in TextEdit.

i read somewhere that the location for the airport in dsdt changed slightly. and theres no need to rebrand.

I think its nice that we are getting a discussion going about fixing some of these problems. Thats nice.

As I mentioned in a previous post, to me it kinda looks like my wifi is being recognized as airport since it doesnt really come up as a 3rd party wifi card. It only list my wired network port and the airport card. But I completely lose wireless when I update to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8--I say that because I really don't know which one it is right now. As mentioned in the post above, could this kinda be why it is acting like this.

did you use combo update if not download it and reinstall. but before you go too crazy use disk utlility and repair permissions then reboot if that doesn't help then combo update. if not then add your specs to your signature so that we can help further

I've instaled combo update 10.6.8 and problem is still the same. Where do I find disk utility?

In the same boat here.

Latitude D420. Centrino Duo at 1.2ghz (since the 10.6.8 update though it's stuck at 800mhz). Broadcom 1390 wifi. 1.5gb of RAM. 80GB 1.8" HDD. No wifi, no ethernet, no USB. New EDP won't help because I don't have any way of getting it on the machine. Can't take the hard drive out because I don't have the right adapter to hook it up to USB.

I don't have any kind of kext editor loaded, and as I mentioned, no way of getting any new software or kexts on there. Any suggestions as to what I can do to at least get my wifi or USB working? I can post what my various plist files say if that will help.

No dice. Rebuilding the drive permissions was fine. Removed the network adapters, rebooted, re-added and still nothing.

EDIT: I did notice in my dsdt.aml file that it references an 'Intel Wireless 3945' amongst all the jumbled text in TextEdit.

Any other suggestions for me?