After update to 10.6.8 I lost wi-fi and ethernet

poldas

saguado thank you for help, but I don't know how roll back...

4) Roll back the files Apple80211Monitor.bundle to 10.6.7 version

5) Roll back the IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext to 10.6.7 versions

Can you write how can I replace new files?

lol.. nothing else but lol

EDIT: no neeed to roll back stuff.. just the Device (PCI0) _UID and proper smbios.plist

thats why i LOL. cause i posted the fix long ago. (not meant to disrespect.. only to be noticed of prior fixes i posted)

lol.. nothing else but lol

Well, you might see something funny there LatinMcG. All I can see is a fellow OSXLATITUDist asking for help.

Now, you might express all amusement you wish here, no problem. You are a registered member of the community.

But you can also turn yourself into a ressource for the community and help a n00b out of his trouble.

How about sharing some of your knowledge instead of LOLing to lack of the same by someone else?

Honest question.

• Administrators

the simplest way to install or re install a kext into s/l/e is using an app called Kext Wizard. it's pretty user friendly. as for the kext you need it depends on the wifi card you have. what ever kext made it work before then those are the ones that have to go back. could be IONetworkingFamily.kext and /or IOPCIFamily.kext you might even need them from an earlier update 10.6.0-10.6.3 as i think wifi broke on some machines when 10.6.4 update rolled out. sorry i can't be more specific but.... the user chose the wifi card thats in the machine. google your card type for a solution I'm sure there are many. sorry

the simplest way to install or re install a kext into s/l/e is using an app called Kext Wizard. it's pretty user friendly. as for the kext you need it depends on the wifi card you have. what ever kext made it work before then those are the ones that have to go back. could be IONetworkingFamily.kext and /or IOPCIFamily.kext you might even need them from an earlier update 10.6.0-10.6.3 as i think wifi broke on some machines when 10.6.4 update rolled out. sorry i can't be more specific but.... the user chose the wifi card thats in the machine. google your card type for a solution I'm sure there are many. sorry

Is there any chance that someone could put somewhere or send the kexts that have to be replaced? Would be great if I could ommit the step with kext extraction... :) Any chance? :)

Found a relatively simple solution:

1. Extract IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily kexts from 10.6.0 SL retail installation disk using Pacifist

2. Install using Kext Wizard

3. Repair permissions and rebuild extensions.

4. Reboot and Broadcom 4311 wireless card is seen as Airport, configured in Network Prefs in System Preferences.

Much thanks to the OSx86 community and hope this helps someone else.

Currently running 10.6.8 on Dell D620 (Nvidia), full working audio/graphics/network/USB.

Found a relatively simple solution:

1. Extract IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily kexts from 10.6.0 SL retail installation disk using Pacifist

2. Install using Kext Wizard

3. Repair permissions and rebuild extensions.

4. Reboot and Broadcom 4311 wireless card is seen as Airport, configured in Network Prefs in System Preferences.

Much thanks to the OSx86 community and hope this helps someone else.

Currently running 10.6.8 on Dell D620 (Nvidia), full working audio/graphics/network/USB.

I have a D620 (Intel) and a Broadcom 4321 wifi card (rebranded as Apple per the wiki). This setup worked very well with EDP 1.8 and 10.6.7 (I know, why did I try and upgrade...) I also lost wifi on the EDP 1.9/10.6.8 upgrade - airport refuses to turn on.

I have tried replacing IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily first with 10.6.7 versions, then 10.6.3 versions, neither got airport to turn on. I just tried 10.6.0 versions as recommended above (using Kext Wizard) and now the latitude won't boot. Just repeats some message about 'system shutdown false'. I can still boot to the SL install DVD and run terminal to manually replace kexts. Any suggestions?