OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

Type -v and take a picture of your screen so I know what causes it

And make sure it is formatted GUID Partition Table and Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Thanks for all the help JawhnL5. It's ok now, I managed to boot it. I ran myFix on the partition too. I now have a working install of 10.7.4.

Everything seems to be working:

Sound

Wifi

Bluetooth

Keyboard and Mouse (The keyboard works fine but OS X keeps telling me i don't have one and searching for one with bluetooth)

nVidia Card (1440x900 Resolution)

Sleep (Sleep works although it is very slow to wake back up after and gives an error message saying that the disk was improperly ejected)

Also, booting into OS X is extremely slow (like up to 30minutes). Is that normal?

Now I need to know how I can have a boot loader to ask me whether I want to boot Windows 7 or OS X when I power on the laptop. Is there a way to achieve this?

Other than that, I am really impressed with how fast and smooth everything seems to be running after it actually boots. I've never used a mac so looking forward to playing around with it. If I like it then I will definitely be purchasing the license from the app store. :)

Actually I still have problems... Booting into OS X is stalling at the same place as it was on the USB stick (see picture 1). It eventually moves on to "[PCI configuration begin]" after around 20 minutes and does another bit before giving up (see picture 2).

Also the keyboard is still not being detected. Any fix for these?

post-5491-036358700 1341421332_thumb.jpg

post-5491-099997100 1341426038_thumb.jpg

Actually I still have problems... Booting into OS X is stalling at the same place as it was on the USB stick (see picture 1). It eventually moves on to "[PCI configuration begin]" after around 20 minutes and does another bit before giving up (see picture 2).

Also the keyboard is still not being detected. Any fix for these?

post-5491-036358700 1341421332_thumb.jpg

post-5491-099997100 1341426038_thumb.jpg

Use the boot flag -v -f -x UseKernelCache=no and then run EDP3 again...

If that doesn't work, reinstall the OS (Make sure GUID Partition Table and Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and then after installation boot -v -f -x and have a USB keyboard and mouse ready. Then install the 10.7.4 combo update, and make sure you change the systems in system preferences so it won't go to sleep while doing so. Then after 10.7.4 is installed run EDP3

Use the boot flag -v -f -x UseKernelCache=no and then run EDP3 again...

If that doesn't work, reinstall the OS (Make sure GUID Partition Table and Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and then after installation boot -v -f -x and have a USB keyboard and mouse ready. Then install the 10.7.4 combo update, and make sure you change the systems in system preferences so it won't go to sleep while doing so. Then after 10.7.4 is installed run EDP3

I have Master Boot Record as my map scheme. Does this mean I should start all over again ? That will mean that i'll have to format my Windows 7 partition also?

I managed to boot in again without safe mode and ran EDP and did a myFix, Nothing has changed though. Still have a very slow boot (a whole hour) and its still looking for a keyboard.

The install that I'm using on the USB is actually 10.7.4 already so I'm already up to date that way.

Again thanks for all the help. I'd never have gotten this far otherwise... :)

Well for one, you should use 10.7.0 and update it afterwards. Not required but you should. ANyways, yeah you will need GUID partition map and then follow the dualbooting guide for WIndows.

• Administrators

Dear IMC,

Did you apply the coolbook fix (i.e. replacing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext) after updating to 10.7.4? If you have not, look in the forum on 10.7.4 and AppleACPIPlatform.kext replacement). It will resolve a lot of issues including the slow boot and hanging at PCI configuration begin.

If you prepared your lion usb installer using myhack 3.1, you should be able to install to MBR. Furhter, chameleon should be able to boot into Windows 7 nicely. Just press left or right when you see the chameleon gui.

Cheers!

Well for one, you should use 10.7.0 and update it afterwards. Not required but you should. ANyways, yeah you will need GUID partition map and then follow the dualbooting guide for WIndows.

Great, thanks JawhnL5! I did all of that and my boot time is gone from about an hour to exactly 40 seconds and was booting without using any flags. I also had screwed up my BIOS setting which I have sorted out now too. I still don't quite trust it though, I've had to boot in safe mode again since because my screen went to sleep but I disabled that in the System Preferences now. I'm not sure if I trust it with my files yet but it seems to run very smoothly.

Where would I find sleepnabler.kext and the PS2 Keyboard kext ? Other than that it's all working, even the biometric reader and speedstep support.

Dear IMC,

Did you apply the coolbook fix (i.e. replacing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext) after updating to 10.7.4? If you have not, look in the forum on 10.7.4 and AppleACPIPlatform.kext replacement). It will resolve a lot of issues including the slow boot and hanging at PCI configuration begin.

If you prepared your lion usb installer using myhack 3.1, you should be able to install to MBR. Furhter, chameleon should be able to boot into Windows 7 nicely. Just press left or right when you see the chameleon gui.

Cheers!

Yes I think I have the correct AppleACPIPlatform.kext that JawhnL5 gave me but I'll do a search on here to be sure.

It did install on MBR. I think it was me that was causing the problems and not that but I have reformatted to GUID now anyway.

As for Chameleon, I didn't understand what that was before, but I get it now. I'm new to all this but I'm learning fast. I think I might just use my D630 for Lion now and use my 5930G for Win 7.

Edit: Stuck in safe boot again. Will try injecting the snow leopard acpi platform kext!!

I installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext and SleepEnabler.kext using kext helper and now everything is almost perfect. Very fast boot with no boot flags and sleep/wake working flawlessly.

The only thing thats bothering me is the bluetooth continuously looking for a keyboard... I have ApplePS2Keyboard.kext installed on the volume and the keyboard actually works perfectly. Anyway to make Lion realize that it works?