OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

I have never had that error so I cannot tell what's causing it. You ran a myFix full after installing those two kexts correct?

Yep, just did a full myFix and reboot... Still there :huh:

post-5491-066371300 1341546045_thumb.jpg

all you have to do is turn off the keyboard detection in advanced bluetooth, very simple

That's what I did in the end. There is probably something that would fix it but it's not a big deal. Have been using Lion for a few days now on my D630. All is still going well! :)

If I wanted to update to Mountain Lion in a couple of months time would it be possible through apples Software Updater or would that just break everything that I have had to get working?

Well you'd have to get Mountain Lion from the app store or somewhere else, and reinstall everything all over again..

Furthermore, if your D630 uses Intel graphics and not NVidia graphics, you're stuck on Lion :(

Dear savage,

You can either update from Software Update and download the combo update from Apple website. Just be sure to replace the appleacpiplatform.kext and run myfix fill on the system before rebooting.

Cheers!

I downloaded the update, but where do I get the appleacpiplatform.kext to install via Kext Utility, and also how do I run myFix? First time updating this, so it's a little confusing. I'll be able to do it next time, though.

I downloaded the update, but where do I get the appleacpiplatform.kext to install via Kext Utility, and also how do I run myFix? First time updating this, so it's a little confusing. I'll be able to do it next time, though.

There is a link to the appleacpiplatform.kext that you are looking for on the previous page of this thread about half way down (page 15). As for running myfix, just double click on myhack in Applications folder, choose "myFix" from the dropdown menu, choose the root drive which will be "/", and then choose "Full".

• Administrators

appleacpiplatform.kext should be in the edp bootpack for your model, just download the bootpack and use my fix that should get you installing also you can click on the links on the top menu of this site for more info

Here is a strange issue...installed 10.7.4 onto a D630 Nvidia, used the latest EDP, everything worked 100% perfectly with the predefined values. Used it a couple days, no issues until today when I got a "PCI Configuration Begin" hang for no reason? Booted again, it loaded fine. Trackpad was 100% ok on the login screen, but erratic once logged in. Shutdown, reboot...same issue - trackpad works fine on login screen, screws up when logged in. Ran myfix full...rebooted...trackpad is now completely unusable and is jumping all over the screen. Plugged in a USB mouse, ran EDP again, reboot...trackpad still does not work.

What's going on here??