OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

All,

I had the D630 working for a time with no problem :rolleyes:

And then at once the system would not boot any more.

When I connected a external USB drive to it the system would boot with the external bootloader.

Now I want to re-install 10.7 to my system but what I do the installation will not start.

I have the latest MyHack 3.2.1. and used that one to make the USB boot installer.

I did not add any Extra to it.

The bootloader does start and when i hit the space bare I can start with -v.

At the bottom line I read just after the screen is filled with line about Creating RAM Disk for various things it reads on the last 3 lines:

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

BootcacheControl: Unable tp open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Bug: Launchctl.c:2400 (24957):30 (dbfd = open)g_job_overrides_db_path. O_RDONLY .........

what can be wrong. I have done a perfect installation in the past with a previose version of Myhack and EDP 2.2.

I did not use the EDP 3.x yet.

thanks for your help.

Well, try with EDP v3 and add the BootPack/ /Extra folder during myHack OS X installer procedure.

Just to be sure on this.

I use Myhack to make the USB installer.

Then I manually replace the extra folder on the stick with the bootpack extra folder

Do I have to do more or is that it and boot the D630 from the USB stick?

I have been looking at this installation guide!

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1515-d630-os-x-lion-install-guide/

Is that the right one?

thanks

instead of manually replacing the extra use myhack and point it to the extra folder

Did that and started with -v and with -v -f but I keep getting the same error (see attached picture)

The strange thing is that the early installations all went well but now the system does not want to move.

I have run a check in the bios and all is well.

What could this be :$

post-187-062436800 1344536526_thumb.jpg

well thats voodoohda causing the problem usually a second boot clears that, if not remove voodoohda and run myfix on the installer usb.

Thanks that was the problem now the installation is running.

thanks again :D

Hi there, I'm having difficulty with a D630/Intel Graphics...I've successfully built an installer USB drive with MyHack and the bootpack for my model, but I keep getting a kernel panic no matter what I do. It's always a VoodooPS2 error, even if I have a USB mouse and keyboard attached. I'm even using a Macally keyboard. I tried enabling the USB Legacy fix and that didn't help. I've also tried safe mode. I'm following the guide...any suggestions?

• Administrators

Check your BIOS settings as per recommended in the dedicated thread. Provided you're using the correct bootpack (remember to pick up the pack with correct resolution), you should have no problem booting myHack Lion installer and proceeding with installation. I would recommend that you boot with option "USBBusFix=No" to avoid keyboard issue.