OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

I, too, have had this issue. On Snow Leopard.

Turned out to be a bad VoodooPS2 controller. Upon wakeup, it would repeat either the "&" key, or the "7" key, as well as random mouse movements. (Erratic movement, random clicking, etc..)

Using a stock ApplePS2 controller usually fixed it. (Reinstall EDP with standard options, choosing the non-modified ApplePS2. This will disable touchpad clicking, edgescrolling, two-finger scrolling, etc...)

I'd try reinstalling EDP with the stock ApplePS2 controller first, just to verify its not a hardware issue. (Or use a live USB install of any version of Linux and see if the problem happens there as well.)

hello guys,

got a strange behavior with my d630 ; at firdst i tried SL 10.6.3 out running well .... but now i'm on triying Lion 10.7.5 (got no other Insstallmedia; used myHack to create the USB Stick) my problem is when i'm in the install process the internal Harddrive is nor recognized in Harddiskutility .... any one who has an idea to help ??

regards and cheers

dornkaat

Hi,

I'm running 10.7.1 on D630 (1440x900). Almost all runs without issue, however:

randomly the screen freezes (mouse pointer is moveable). I have tried to put AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext posted somewhere else, but this has fixed only the mouse pointer lag. (nothing is logged in the event log). Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for any ideas.

I have the exact problem on my D630 with intel 1440x900. Tried both SL and Lion but it freezes. My leopard on Dell m140 is running fine. 

moin guys,

got a strange behavior of my d630 there are 2 ramstrepes with each 2 gb plugged in but only one is recognized ..

i do not have any clues whats goin on can you give me a helping hand ??

thanks in advance yours

dornkaat

What to select / unselect to use without speedstep. I want to use my d630 with full performance all the time. Pstate gives me poor performance.

I tried to unselect the emulated speedstep but when I do that EDP gives KP.