OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

myHack has been updated and its a much better solution for creating a lion/SL install USB.

myHack

true,

i checked it and its amazing <<

The only thing i had to add was the PS2 lion kexts.

One thing I haven't figured yet is how to make the wifi BCM3945 work :\

using Dell 630 / Nvidia

• Downvote 1

Lion 10.7.1 update working. After the update remove AppleHDA.kext if you use voodoohda.

Simeonoff , A Brazilian thanks you for this wonderful tutorial to follow ...The scratching your tutorial and it worked to install on my Dell D630. Thank you so I'm kinda lost as to settle the keyboard. :D

Hi,

This is my first time making a hackintosh

I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Intel Core 2 Duo

all the methods i've seen are based on the assumption that you already have a version of Mac OSX installed on said laptop

does anybody know a method that allows me to install lion for the first time without a previous OSX version

a Million thanks

Man, I wish someone would do this for the D620 Intel!

Dazzler, hence Dassler, hence simeonoff, hence me... Yes, I will be glad to share my dsdt with you guys, it should work just fine with any D630 with Intel graphics, Try it an see if it suits your taste. It works with any version of SL 10.6.x (including 10.6.8) and of course Lion boots up just fine as well.

Few remarks and thoughts on how to get Lion roaring on your D630:

1. Create a bootable installation flash drive with Lion, by restoring from Base_System. (Simply follow this guide)

2. Follow the guide up to the point of just restoring the original files to the flash. Don't install the suggested Extra folder.

3 .Copy the Extra folder that I attached below to the root of your flash drive with Lion on it.

4. Run Kext Wizard -> Rebuild Kextcache and repair permissions of the /Extra folder that you just copied to your Lion installation flash.

5. Install chameleon to the flash. I recommend using revision 1095. Attached below as well.

6. Reboot, boot with the Flash, Install Lion.

7. After installation is done, boot into your SL or any other OS X partition, but Lion's.

8. Copy the "Extra" folder from the flash to the root of your newly installed Lion partition.

9. Repair /Extra using Kext Wizard.

10. Ok, before you reboot there is one thing you should know. Lion will not detect your KB (it will but the setup assistant will not). Two things you can do here to bypass the stupid Setup Assistant KB check. If you have a usb keyboard, attach that when asked for a keyboard by the Setup Assistant on first boot in Lion. If you don't have an external Keyboard go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/ of you Lion partition and open the Info.plist and delete two strings DeviceSelection and KeyboardTypeSelection. Save the Info.plist. Aaaand that's it.

11. You are all set! Enjoy your new Lion setup.

• Administrators

easy follow the same method but put your own extra folder in it or install edp1.9 to the usb media and run a build for your model without using a battery kext during build. that should get the install going. after install install edp.pkg to the new install and re run edp for your model.

I have D630 with Nvidia graphics. My installation of lion was not as easy as the posters here. I have just about everything working EXCEPT scrolling on my touchpad!nmy

ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Also the track ball and the two buttons on the keyboard would also be nice to have working if it is possible. I have tried this tutorial for leopard but no success -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88811

None of the PS2 configs in the EDP 1.9 work for me. It leaves me with a none working touchpad AND keyboard.

ExtrasI had to install to get semi full compatibility with my the system -

Sound (EDP nvidia version does not come with one?) - VoodooHDA

Trackpad (non working scroll) - VoodooPS2Controller NOTE: EPD package did not work as well as any .pkg I found. I had to use kext utility for it to work

Restart ( was completing non-working, resulted in hang everytime) - OpenHaltRestart

I also was getting Hibernation time out errors on boot. The sleep and hibernation fixes in EDP solve this.

EDP bootloader would not work at all for me. It actually corrupted my windows boot record and I had to completing reinstall windows. I had to install the bootloader provided in multifail 3.8.0 package now it works with windows and mac but no linux support.

I hope this helps anyone