OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

All I can say is WOW.... Lion on my D630 x3100, CPU=T7250 with 2.5G memory

This tutorial was a dream, I tried iFail, Kalliway, and numerous other ways, but the 8G USB drive worked. THANK YOU simeonoff. for that shortcut to make it all work.

After install, installed Chameleon R5 you listed onto the installed drive and copied the mach_kernal on to the installed drive.

Network Broadcom NetXtrem 57xx Gig working with BCM5722D.kext,

WiFi working OOB

Sound working with VoodooHDA-2.7.2,pkg

TrackPad and keyboard working with your Lion Extra

External USB keyboard and mouse working OOB,

Dual monitors working 1280x800 on laptop, and 1920x1200 (Dell 2405FPW). OOB

Thank you

Does anyone have a D630 Intel DSDT Resolution: 1280x800 Bios A17?

I actually followed simeonoff post #9. Followed it to a tee only copying the mach_kernal from the lion.dmg to my installed drive. no problems with any video. and I'm running A17 with X3100.

I actually followed simeonoff post #9. Followed it to a tee only copying the mach_kernal from the lion.dmg to my installed drive. no problems with any video. and I'm running A17 with X3100.

Hey man, I'm really happy to hear about your success! Especially since we have very similar systems. The one thing I bet is different, is our wireless cards... I FINALLY figured out that I was doing everything right, and the whole time it was because I have an intel wireless card. I disabled said card, and I'm now watching Lion install on my system. Woohoo!!! A big thanks to this awesome board, and simeonoff for your input and files. <3

akenut, are you running your dell external through vga or through DVI using dock?

Are you able to update to 10.7.1 through apple updater without doing anything special?

Will I be able to run Lion in native 64 bit? This is important to me because I recently started developing for OS X and IOS, and would like the ability to compile for x64.

EDIT: I got this error on boot, shown to me by booting with -v... Any ideas?

A kext releasing a(n) OSString has corrupted the registry. "@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.22.73/libkern/c++/OSObject.cpp: 218

EDIT 2: Found it was caused by AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext. Thanks again simeonoff.

I'm successfully booted to my desktop! w00t! Now to get the trackpad to work.. :)

Edit 3: Trackpad works.. Can't use it to scroll though or multi touch. Is there a kext that enables at least two finger scroll? Also, my processor only reads as 1.81ghz, it should be 2ghz. (Processor, T7250, 2.0, 2MB Core Merom , M0)

I've updated to 10.7.1 and had to replace SleepEnabler with this one.

So except for processor speed, trackpad scrolling and wifi (I need to order Dell WLAN card) everything is sweet. :)

Hey man, I'm really happy to hear about your success! Especially since we have very similar systems. The one thing I bet is different, is our wireless cards... I FINALLY figured out that I was doing everything right, and the whole time it was because I have an intel wireless card. I disabled said card, and I'm now watching Lion install on my system. Woohoo!!! A big thanks to this awesome board, and simeonoff for your input and files. <3

akenut, are you running your dell external through vga or through DVI using dock?

Yes I did update to 10.7.1 no major issues. Used VoodooHDA-2.7.2,pkg for sound, as the latest version doesn't play well with the trackpad or keyboard.

I'm using a Dell USB Keyboard so I don't use the trackpad, and a USB mouse (although the scroll wheel is backwards). EDIT: Fixed in mouse config, by unchecking option box at top when scrolling or navigating. B)

As for the dual monitor, the 2405 Dell is via the DVI port.

I did have some other shutdowns while using Kext Wizard for some kext installs. But I think I'll also try to install that sleep enabler and maybe the battery manager. Although the sleep seems to be working ok. I just can't see the battery.

I have had a few freezes when I'm working on the 24" and that may be video driver not able to keep up with all the windows and stress I'm placing on the video memory. I may be related to my quick mouse movements, but haven't tried to analyze it yet. Too busy making iPhone apps, which is why I wanted this to work since I'm a Microsoft Professional... oops bad word.... :o

EDIT: Just replaced a couple of kext's AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext ... reboot.... we'll see if that fixes the random freeze with the mouse.

Edited by akentut

Yes I did update to 10.7.1 no major issues. Used VoodooHDA-2.7.2,pkg for sound, as the latest version doesn't play well with the trackpad or keyboard.

I'm using a Dell USB Keyboard so I don't use the trackpad, and a USB mouse (although the scroll wheel is backwards). EDIT: Fixed in mouse config, by unchecking option box at top when scrolling or navigating. B)

As for the dual monitor, the 2405 Dell is via the DVI port.

I did have some other shutdowns while using Kext Wizard for some kext installs. But I think I'll also try to install that sleep enabler and maybe the battery manager. Although the sleep seems to be working ok. I just can't see the battery.

I have had a few freezes when I'm working on the 24" and that may be video driver not able to keep up with all the windows and stress I'm placing on the video memory. I may be related to my quick mouse movements, but haven't tried to analyze it yet. Too busy making iPhone apps, which is why I wanted this to work since I'm a Microsoft Professional... oops bad word.... :o

EDIT: Just replaced a couple of kext's AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext ... reboot.... we'll see if that fixes the random freeze with the mouse.

So you are using a dock successfully for the DVI? Did those PS2 kexts fix your mouse freeze issue? I haven't had any shutdown issues myself yet. What kexts did you install using kext wizard? I just installed the VoodooHDA package myself. Hopefully it works out nicely.

So you do iOS development too? That's awesome man. I just recently got into it, and I love it. I was using an old macbook pro though that is 32 bit only, and I couldn't run Lion on it without messing with the installer... And even then I guess some Lion things don't work in 32 bit mode, so that's when I decided to try to get Lion working on my D630. Speaking of iOS dev, I decided to try running the latest Xcode beta for Lion, and it seems to crash often... Are you running the latest beta too? If so, does your Xcode crash randomly too?

Also, I notice we are running the same processor... Does your "About this Mac" report your processor at 2ghz or 1.81? EDIT: Fixed this issue by doing this.

So you are using a dock successfully for the DVI? Did those PS2 kexts fix your mouse freeze issue? I haven't had any shutdown issues myself yet. What kexts did you install using kext wizard? I just installed the VoodooHDA package myself. Hopefully it works out nicely.

So you do iOS development too? That's awesome man. I just recently got into it, and I love it. I was using an old macbook pro though that is 32 bit only, and I couldn't run Lion on it without messing with the installer... And even then I guess some Lion things don't work in 32 bit mode, so that's when I decided to try to get Lion working on my D630. Speaking of iOS dev, I decided to try running the latest Xcode beta for Lion, and it seems to crash often... Are you running the latest beta too? If so, does your Xcode crash randomly too?

Also, I notice we are running the same processor... Does your "About this Mac" report your processor at 2ghz or 1.81? EDIT: Fixed this issue by doing this.

I, not using a dock, just a direct connect to the DVI. So it's dual screen using my 24" as the main and laptop as secondary.

Tnx for that fix on the 1.8 vx 2.0GHz. s :rolleyes: ee attached......

Also those two PS2 kexts I loaded seemed to have fixed my intermittent crashes. And I'm also running Xcode 4.1 build 4B110. No crashes for the last 24hrs.

Also since reboot on the first kext Wizard freeze up the prg has been running great.

post-2413-026561500 1317002936_thumb.png

I, not using a dock, just a direct connect to the DVI. So it's dual screen using my 24" as the main and laptop as secondary.

Tnx for that fix on the 1.8 vx 2.0GHz. s :rolleyes: ee attached......

Also those two PS2 kexts I loaded seemed to have fixed my intermittent crashes. And I'm also running Xcode 4.1 build 4B110. No crashes for the last 24hrs.

Also since reboot on the first kext Wizard freeze up the prg has been running great.

Heh. Extra 200mhz FTW. ;)

I don't get it man... As far as I know D630's only have a VGA port, unless you use a dock. Where is your DVI port located? That's awesome that those kexts fixed your crashes. Which ones are you using?

I'm running the latest Xcode 4.2 beta. If I experience more crashes with it, I'll probably switch over to 4.1.

Do you ever experience your trackpad freaking out when you resume from sleep? It drives me crazy... I decided I'm going to purchase the magic trackpad and keyboard combo... Then set them up in this.