OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

devious, I tried your pack (at least I think I got the right link), and it seems to give me same results as edp 2.1, I have a keyboard that works, but no mouse at all (without a usb one plugged in). any thoughts?

Did you do something special or did the start/setup work for you as standard with the Myhack?

As you can see mine halts once the pointer is on the gray screen and then I have the rainbow color wheel.

Also the line of devious did not do it for me.

thanks,

Hello again guys!

As for now it seems that I'm getting a GMA-equipped D630 with the specs below:

T7500 @ 2.2GHz

2x2GB DDR2

250GB HDD

GMA X3100 (res: 1440x900)

I decided that I'd like to install Lion if I buy it. What would work ant what wouldn't? Somebody mentioned some problems with the GMA VGA in the other topic, but he didn't write what actually it is. Which I do know, that it supports QE/CI and brightness control is working. What isn't working then?

Other quite important question: I didn't find what make of WiFi cards are working with OS X. Can you help me out with that?

Besides that, everything seems quite simple and straightforward (except for getting a working Mac somewhere to create the bootable USB-drive).

These Kexts work with Lion Perfectly in 32 and 64bit mode

PS2 Lion Kexts.zip

they seem to load fine, but they aren't being used.

I have keyboard and usb mouse (albiet, Lion doesn't seem to know there's a keyboard so insists on trying to pair with bluetooth one), I see 3 PS2 kexts loaded (via kextstat), but only PS2Controller seems to be used (has a reference of 1), all the others seem to not be used (reference of 0), and they also load quietly (nothing in dmesg log).

thoughts?

So, I have 2 hard disks.

1 80GB. Lion works fine with edp (though edp seems to force it to be arch=i386?)

1 750GB. I had to play games with efi partition to get it boot (per other thread).

I'm thinking the EFI partition is the reason I'm having issues. I tried copying over the chameleon boot plist file over to the EFI partition's /Extra directory. Chameleon sees it (as it impacts what happens on boot), but doesn't seem to make much of a difference in terms of hardware support. I'm thinking there is probably more files that have to be copied over to it (DSDT?) will play around more later.

as a further update, I've moved the Extra folder that worked on the 80GB HD to my myHack usb disk and it now has a working laptop keyboard/mouse. Unsure why it isn't working on the 750GB disk. Pondering if it's cause its formated ms dos, not hfs+. (And by it, I mean the EFI partition)

and final update. Reformated EFI partition as HFS+. Reinstalled Chameleon via the pkg on EFI with all the optionable installable stuff (theme, libs...).

Now, everything seems to work fine. Don't have wifi yet, but that's because the card I ordered hasn't arrived, but ethernet works fine.

I guess now I wait for EDP 2.2 to update to 10.7.2

and final update. Reformated EFI partition as HFS+. Reinstalled Chameleon via the pkg on EFI with all the optionable installable stuff (theme, libs...).

Now, everything seems to work fine. Don't have wifi yet, but that's because the card I ordered hasn't arrived, but ethernet works fine.

I guess now I wait for EDP 2.2 to update to 10.7.2

What wifi card did you have in there when you started, and what did you order? I may end up having to do the same thing but wasn't sure which one was viable at this point.