OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

Does anyone have the 1395 working successfully yet with the D630 and Lion? Mine doesn't show up at all even as an airport device - I have a 3945 in another machine that I pulled out because I knew it wouldn't work, but it was replaced with a 1390 which did work. I haven't tested the 1390 in the D630 (need to get my hands on one) but just curious if anyone had the 1395 working.

So I have the D630 up and running.

Some questions:

- Does the Wifi work or do I need to get a external Wifi?

- The keyboard does work but the pad end the stick do not. Also not after installing the PS2 Lion Kexts. What could be the solution?

- How to upgrade to 10.7.2?

- What is EDP 2.2? and where to download? Found it but then EDP 2.1.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Just replaced a couple of kext's AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext ... reboot.... we'll see if that fixes the random freeze with the mouse.

I have the mouse lag too, but it should be related graphics drivers issue, cause i don't install any AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext just use USB mouse&keyboard, it still exists. Can you share the two kexts of yours? Thanks a lot.

Ok,

After some re-installing have it working now.

- have wifi after I made a bios update to A17 :blink:

- Do not have the track pad working yet :o

But I will get there.

Any information on getting it to 10.7.1 or even 7.2 :rolleyes:

Have a Geekbench of 3037 at 32 bits and 3264 at 64 bits :D

Thanks,

Ok,

After some re-installing have it working now.

- have wifi after I made a bios update to A17 :blink:

- Do not have the track pad working yet :o

But I will get there.

Any information on getting it to 10.7.1 or even 7.2 :rolleyes:

Have a Geekbench of 3037 at 32 bits and 3264 at 64 bits :D

Thanks,

Which A17 are you using, the DSDT patched BIOS or a dell standard?

Ok the D630 is up and running :rolleyes:

What are smart things to do?

- What about speedster?

- What about cookbook?

- What about kexts for mouse pad?

- What would be the advantage of loading the moved A17 Bios instead of having the A17 bios of Dell?

With these last items out of the way this could be the best had I have done ever. :lol:

Thanks,

Was there ever a fix for the wireless in D630 Lion?

lspci returns:

14e4:4315 BCM4312

Is there a kext fix for this that is not part of EDP2.2?

Updated to 10.7.2 and re-ran EDP 2.2 Boots with no issues two things I found.

Wifi: does not show up - it didn't show up on 10.7 but it works just fine in SL.

Mouse: mouse works however is a little jittery. Almost like I will be going across the screen and it will stop, start and jump around a bit. I did notice it does deal with the amount of pressure put on the touchpad, so it could be hardware related. Trackpoint/TP buttons don't work, but I don't use that so it doesn't matter to me.

Other than that the system runs well as i386 and 4 gigs ram. Any help on the wifi at least?

Edit: the trackpad appears to be related to two finger scrolling enabled in the touchpad in preferences. I turned this off and can press as hard as I want and it works fine (downside: no scrolling for now) Any tips on changing sensitivity?

Edited by kr4zyc1d