OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

you might have to re apply your wifi kexts if there in E/E

I thought I might need to do this - so I re-ran the EDP 2.2 and used #4: ANV-Slice Modified Just to try one, and then work my way up. It looks like this is still happening, but the scrolling isn't actually a move of my fingers, just a slight rocking motion on the touchpad.

I will try another one to see if it clears things up - but is there a way to tell which one I am using? Such as running uname -a in terminal allows me to see which proc I am using (x86 or x64), but is there a way to see which one it is utilizing?

Edit: interestingly, doing the EDP rebuild did not require me to re-do the wifi fix, at least for now.

I had the issue with the mouse cursor jumping all over as well. I had to go into touchpad prefs and uncheck use two finger scrolling now my mouse is nice and smooth. I understand it seems each setup is different but maybe that will help those few that are having similiar issues.

I had the issue with the mouse cursor jumping all over as well. I had to go into touchpad prefs and uncheck use two finger scrolling now my mouse is nice and smooth. I understand it seems each setup is different but maybe that will help those few that are having similiar issues.

devious,

I have used your Extra list with my installation.

We probably have the same system.

Could you drop your up to date extra folder on the form.

I like to see if I get the touchpad working as well.

AT this moment I have to use a USB mouse.

devious,

Do you use the A17 Bios of Dell or do you use the mod Bios?

The mod BIOS did not work and I'm now in real trouble.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/246-07182011-d630-bios-rework/page__gopid__6135#entry6135

See the message I have dropped I hope one can help.

devious,

RobertB,

Here's my updated setup. Ive changed to the EDP 2.2 Setup but I still modify it a bit.

1. I change my Mac Model to MacBookPro5,1. This is so that I get a nice setup with speedstepping not only the CPU but also the GPU. It's not for everyone but this setup Allows me to Play Starcraft II and WoW with no problems at all.

2. I've manually added 5 speedsteps for the CPU in to the DSDT 1200-2000mhz that are used by VoodooPstate. Im not using the native Apple Powermanagement as you will notice but looking at the 0EDP.kext file I am using NullCPUPM in conjuction with VoodooPState. For some reason games have an issue with ApplePowerManagement on this partiticular rig. Again this is for performance and probably isnt for everyone but it works great for me. You could always switch back to the EDP DSDT.aml. if you do go back to EDP's DSDT remember to edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist and reenable GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates.

3. I include LegacyACPI.kext and LegacyAGPM in my setup, again all for my gpu speedstepping that works ever so nicely, even though I could probably tweak it a bit more.

4. I use the Slice-ANV PS2 kext setup with one exception, Ive modified it to be able to use Keyboard in 32/64 bit, since I only use 64 bit I needed to have a PS2 kext that works great in that mode and also allows me to use the mouse prefpane.

I don't think I forgot anything. The EDP team does a wonderful job and with out them I wouldnt be as far along as I am now, I just have my own idea of what my setup should be for performance so I use their work as a basis for creating my own custom build. that being said their original setup is included still in my zip archive so you could rerun it to rebuild your setup to one of their predefined builds if mine doesnt help you.

To use this, extract the file. put the Extra Directory in it's proper place. It will overwrite your Existing if you just copy it over, thats fine but I would recommend renaming your existing to like Extra.original or whatever name you prefer then copying the file ove. Then put 0EDP.kext in your /S/L/E. I do this using Kext Wizard, wondeful app!

Hope this helps you out! and now for the file!!

Extra.zip

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.