OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

i think you have to have the same cpu as devious for his p-states to work properly for you. but i could be wrong..... :rolleyes:

Very True! see I forget little details sometimes. As for RobertB, we have the same setup but for those of you downloading this kext pack to try on your setup, that is a very important thing to know that you must have the same CPU as myself which is the T7300 2.0Ghz where I modified the DSDT for my CPU Setup.

Good looking out Bronxteck!

I'm having D630 running Lion 10.7.2, with some freezing issues, hopefully will be able to fix it now by modifying fakesmc.

The only thing worries me a bit is the fan running constantly with speed.

Do you have similar fan issue?

I'm having D630 running Lion 10.7.2, with some freezing issues, hopefully will be able to fix it now by modifying fakesmc.

The only thing worries me a bit is the fan running constantly with speed.

Do you have similar fan issue?

Im no pro, but I dont believe modifying FakeSMC will fix random freezes unless I've missed something somewhere.

I dont have any fan issues, it runs according to load of the machine. a lot of that has to do with using speedstep, overall my machine stays around 30 degrees C.

Thank you.

I will check after I have the system booting again.

I first have to solve the BIOS problem. :angry:

Ok got it to work by putting the recovery on a USB stick :D

So the story continues.

If you get a good BIOS patch let me know. I killed another D630 of mine doing the patched one a while back. The boot was terribly slow and the screen was all crazy with colors (for lack of a better term) and wouldn't boot at all. So that one is toast....

It actually freezes completely when booting with a USB stick so I don't think I can recover it.

If you get a good BIOS patch let me know. I killed another D630 of mine doing the patched one a while back. The boot was terribly slow and the screen was all crazy with colors (for lack of a better term) and wouldn't boot at all. So that one is toast....

It actually freezes completely when booting with a USB stick so I don't think I can recover it.

Nvidia based system?