OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

well the apple worked for me however the wifi now does not work, it's detected before.. what's the exact way to use Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext?

Hey Kill_mark, on page 8 I posted I think about it - I would use terminal to backup the original IO80211Family.kext and then use something like kexthelper to install the kext from that same post. If you need the file, let me know I can email it to you.

once you boot, you will need to open network preferences and name the device.

I have Lion 10.7.2 installed on my Dell D630 x3100 running real good with only two minor problem.

1. Once boot into lion and the screen goes to sleep, once I wake it back up my internet won't work wifi and direct.

2. I can't switch my wifi on and off. If I wanted to use wireless I have to make sure the wifi switch is on once I boot into lion.

Has anyone else have the same issue as me?

My D630 sleeps and wakes up running Lion 7.2. It took a few installs. I really have no idea why it started working. :) So no issues as you describe.

I downloaded Lion from App store so I did not do an over the air upgrade to Lion. I am not sure if that matters. I installed using MyHack as described on the wiki. I used EDP 2.2 and the Extra folder from supported models.

Good luck,

Freedomrock

Very True! see I forget little details sometimes. As for RobertB, we have the same setup but for those of you downloading this kext pack to try on your setup, that is a very important thing to know that you must have the same CPU as myself which is the T7300 2.0Ghz where I modified the DSDT for my CPU Setup.

Good looking out Bronxteck!

My D630 is working like a charm.

I have seen that I have a T7500 cpu instead of the T7300.

When I run a test and look at My Mac I see that it will read 2.0 Ghz instead of 2.2 Ghz.

What do I need to change in the DSDT to make full use of my CPU?

thanks,

Hi guys, my intel d630 is working like a charm on 10.7.0,

does anybody know a kext that allows me to use the trackpoint in the middle of the keyboard

thanks guys

I do not have that Kext but does your mouse pad work :huh:

I only have a external USB mouse working on the system al other things do work.

thanks,

Hey guys - I was updating my machine the other day and dual booting it with windows 7, so downloading drivers and what not for the video on Dell's website, and ran across a bios update!

I saw they released A18 on 1/6/2012 and was curious to see if anyone had tried this yet. I have had bad luck in the past with the D630 dsdt patched bios so I'm sticking to Dell's standard right now, but just seeing if anyone was using that and saw any updates or if this is something to stay away from.

• Administrators

fixes &enhancements

dell Inc. Copyright © 2011, All Rights reserved. www.dell.com BIOS Release Notes Systems: Dell Latitude D630 Series Version: A18 Build Date: 12/06/2011 Intel GM965 Graphics Video BIOS version 1588 NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M Video BIOS version 60.86.68.00.16 Fixes/Enhancements ------------------ 1. Add Digital Sign Feature, Signed Firmware update. 2. Update new password algorithm. 3. Enhance Computrace security. The BIOS release has been validated on the following operating systems: 1. Microsoft Windows Vista 2. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

it's not clear if it's updating video card rom's, but the rest is just strengthening security... which might impede flashing custom firmware after but not sure...