OSX Lion on D630

Duscrom

To give you a idea how I did the installation.

Ussed the My hack did the installation of the Lion DVD to the USB (Harddisk) not stick for some reason the stick would stall.

Then run the boot installer with no special kexts so only the bootloader.

Installed this on the D630.

After this all was installed boot the D630 by selecting the hard drive of the D630 with the USB as boot manager.

Once the system was booted run the EDP 2.2 pack and installed it to the hard drive of the D630.

Run the bootloader installer so the system could run from it's own HD.

Also run the Terminal session as written in the installer instruction.

Run a update of lion and then it all is at 10.7.2. and all working just fine.

Dazzler, hence Dassler, hence simeonoff, hence me... Yes, I will be glad to share my dsdt with you guys, it should work just fine with any D630 with Intel graphics, Try it an see if it suits your taste. It works with any version of SL 10.6.x (including 10.6.8) and of course Lion boots up just fine as well.

Few remarks and thoughts on how to get Lion roaring on your D630:

1. Create a bootable installation flash drive with Lion, by restoring from Base_System. (Simply follow this guide)

2. Follow the guide up to the point of just restoring the original files to the flash. Don't install the suggested Extra folder.

3 .Copy the Extra folder that I attached below to the root of your flash drive with Lion on it.

4. Run Kext Wizard -> Rebuild Kextcache and repair permissions of the /Extra folder that you just copied to your Lion installation flash.

5. Install chameleon to the flash. I recommend using revision 1095. Attached below as well.

6. Reboot, boot with the Flash, Install Lion.

7. After installation is done, boot into your SL or any other OS X partition, but Lion's.

8. Copy the "Extra" folder from the flash to the root of your newly installed Lion partition.

9. Repair /Extra using Kext Wizard.

10. Ok, before you reboot there is one thing you should know. Lion will not detect your KB (it will but the setup assistant will not). Two things you can do here to bypass the stupid Setup Assistant KB check. If you have a usb keyboard, attach that when asked for a keyboard by the Setup Assistant on first boot in Lion. If you don't have an external Keyboard go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/ of you Lion partition and open the Info.plist and delete two strings <string>DeviceSelection</string> and <string>KeyboardTypeSelection</string>. Save the Info.plist. Aaaand that's it.

11. You are all set! Enjoy your new Lion setup.

Hi,

Using your bootpack I was able to get a bootable USB pen.

Trouble is, no matter what I do, KB is still ignored in both the pen and the installed OS.

Using the 'supported model' bootpack, the pen seems like it boots up but I end up with a blank screen.

What is (are) the difference(s) between your bootpack and the one under 'supported models' ?

Hi,

Using your bootpack I was able to get a bootable USB pen.

Trouble is, no matter what I do, KB is still ignored in both the pen and the installed OS.

Using the 'supported model' bootpack, the pen seems like it boots up but I end up with a blank screen.

What is (are) the difference(s) between your bootpack and the one under 'supported models' ?

I used the Supported Models Boot Pack and all is well. I do have a different D630 but keyboard, and track pad work. Have you tried the Apple PS2 setting in EDP?

I used the Supported Models Boot Pack and all is well. I do have a different D630 but keyboard, and track pad work. Have you tried the Apple PS2 setting in EDP?

I tried all 4 options, tried all 3 intel bootpacks for Lion from the supported models, i even tried standing on my head :)

i have a different wifi, but my bios option is off (otherwise no pen would boot and installed Os would KP).

i also have a higher clock speed cpu than yours but I dont think that makes any diff...

just wanted to say thanx to everyone who has ever posted a "how-to" on the boards.

i'm proudly running 10.7.2 on my D630/intel x3100; SWEET!!

had a few crashes with edp 2.1 until i booted w/usb and ran Disk Utility to repair permissions/disk.

runs perfect now.

thanx again.

OOPS!!! spoke too soon; don't have sound. does voodoo hda need to be in extra or S/L/E?

and which version do you recommend for 10.7.2?

thanx again..

Edited by chasmataz

ovi1,

this is the guide and boot files i used to get my 630 bootable and running (sorta): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

no matter how i installed lion, i had to use a usb keyboard the first time to get to registration. (DON'T REGISTER!!!)

only after that did i run edp 2.1 (it's obviously geared to the 630).

then i rebooted with the usb Again! all the way to the install page, ran Disk Utilities and repaired permissions/disk.

then quit the installer (restart) with the usb one more time. install chameleon (the one that comes with edp works with edp) and wala!!

my 630 w/intel 3100 graphics is running sweet! i haven't found the right hda version for it for some stupid reason, but for my money; it's one sweet macbook pro.

i haven't updated to 10.7.3 yet, (i'm waiting to see what gets broken in other people's machines first, before i decide to break mine) but 10.7.2 is working fine.

thanX to everyone who ever wrote a guide, or helped a newbie, or patched a driver or paid forward for that jerk in the rearview mirror a cup of coffee; you're all good people in my book.

ovi1,

this is the guide and boot files i used to get my 630 bootable and running (sorta): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

no matter how i installed lion, i had to use a usb keyboard the first time to get to registration. (DON'T REGISTER!!!)

only after that did i run edp 2.1 (it's obviously geared to the 630).

then i rebooted with the usb Again! all the way to the install page, ran Disk Utilities and repaired permissions/disk.

then quit the installer (restart) with the usb one more time. install chameleon (the one that comes with edp works with edp) and wala!!

my 630 w/intel 3100 graphics is running sweet! i haven't found the right hda version for it for some stupid reason, but for my money; it's one sweet macbook pro.

i haven't updated to 10.7.3 yet, (i'm waiting to see what gets broken in other people's machines first, before i decide to break mine) but 10.7.2 is working fine.

thanX to everyone who ever wrote a guide, or helped a newbie, or patched a driver or paid forward for that jerk in the rearview mirror a cup of coffee; you're all good people in my book.

i followed this procedure (Maldon) step by step for each word.

I ended up with a USB without a mach_kernel (would not boot).

Once I added mach_kernel from my own machine, the boot started but did not go far (I forget the step it hung up on).

You guys are all much better hackers than I am, apparently :)

The best I can do is use myHack with Simeonoff's goodies, but even this leaves me with no wifi, no ethernet and no use of native keyboard.

At this point I can only assume that my laptop is somehow broke.

The next best idea would be that ya'll take something for granted and do not mention it in your posts...

I am waiting for a broadcom wifi card to see if this improves any.

My configuration is listed down in my signature area and I would welcome any help.

I had the D630 up and running for some time.

Now after a couple of weeks the system will not boot anny more.

The system is running with EDP 2.2 version and worked like a charm.

When I let it boot in the normal way it will stall in the Boot screen see pic 1 (dscn3442)

with the Darwin information on the left upper site.

When I select Verbose mode the sys information will run for the first 5 to 6 lines and then comes back in the boot screen.

When I select the ignore caches mode I get at the end a panic call see pac 2 (dscn3443)

When I do a boot with -v -f the installation stalls see pic 3. (dscn3441)

Can one of you Latitude cracks help me with this.

thanks,

post-187-070306200 1328714686.jpg

post-187-029711300 1328714713.jpg

post-187-061285200 1328714763.jpg